Thread: Help in a hard decision (yeah, right!!!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You may remember that ages ago I purchased an AGT15 but did not get her out of the box because I did not know what the money front was going to bring to my family.
    Well... she is still in the box and now I am going through an issue: I am liking the new blonde girl (AGT 27)!!!
    I have to choose one or the other. Can't get both right now.

On one side AGT15 is already at home (if I can find the right box!) but she is wearing the old meet outfit (which I already have and do not like enough to keep two of!) and I also have Rhada (second from the left in the bottom row in my siggy pic), who is a rewigged 15.

AGT27, on the other hand, will come with the new meet outfit (which I do not like much, but need for the "Meet outfits" collection) but she looks too much like Alice (DD's platinum blonde AGT22)

As all of my today dolls are, this doll will become part of my fantasy group (time travelers and wise ladies from the past or the future)
    Which one do you think will be the best choice?

Tough life, no??? [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

Ana [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]

emsmombuysdolls

Keep the one you already have and order the Meet outfit by itself.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have both ... I would say there is just something way too adorable about 15.. she has the sweetest face, I say keep her, and just buy the meet outfit separate [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Personally, I think AGT27's earrings make her quite now. I definitely can't see those little dangly stars as a girl from anything farther back in time than the 1980s, and though she could be from the future, I don't think she has a very futuristic look. Are any of your fantasy girls modern? None of the girls in your sig look TOO right now, so I don't know how much AGT27 would fit in with her layered hair and dangly earrings.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IMHO, Rhada doesn't look anything like #15. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Would it be possible for you to get both if you returned the old meet outfit for $26 credit (or sold it on the board or ebay)and use the proceeds towards a #27? Then when #27 arrived, you could return THAT meet outfit for cash from AG (or likewise sell it on the board or ebay) thus further defraying the cost of a new doll by another $26. (You can always buy the new meet outfit later, when you can afford it better.)
    This would make a total of $52 off the new doll, meaning your total cost for #27 would be only $55--but that's if you don't mind getting her nekkid. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] (Wouldn't your other girls share some of their clothes?)

You could also return the book/CD set if you don't want it, but I'm not sure how much credit you can get for that--you'd have to call CS to find out. The old "Friends Forever" book is worth $6, though.

Just thinking through some possibilities.... [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

P.S. I'd also look at T.Lynn's comparison album of #27 and #22 before totally committing to #27--- I thought I liked #27 better, but now I like #22 more than ever! [img]smile.gif[/img] Both are such beautiful girls, though.

AND I have to agree with cami713 about the earrings!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 22, 2006 11:15 AM: Message edited by: AsianAG ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You gals have some very good points!

I hadn't thought about the earing part! I am a bit worried that they may stain in the future (like some old Josefina's or Addy's do)

And, yes, even though some of my girls have been "now" girls for a while, they are mainly from medieval and renaissance times (or even older!) so the stars may not be the best earings for one of "the group".

Robin: you are right! Rhada has a personality and "looks" all of her own! even though she was a 15 at the start, she is so different now! And that is why I got the 15 in the first place!
    Also, your "financial analysis" makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

However, I do have a small team of today girls: Rhada and Miaoshi (second and third on the bottom of my siggy) and Kiana (hiding in the back row). They are "all today" and very much into fashion. So, 27 could be my "Charlie's Angel" retro girl, and still be a part of the today group... I can see her loving the Bee Gees and Tina Turner, and wearing platform shoes for a retro kick! (showing my age!!!)

I think I will look at 27 when we go to AGPC next week, but will keep 15 for now, and may be "bribe" somebody (DH [img]wink.gif[/img] ) into getting her for me for the Holidays.

I'll keep you posted on how the "family" develops!

Thanks!
    Ana