Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whenever I sell on ebay these days I just do a fixed price auction where I decide what I'd like to receive and have a Buy it Now only. I usually will put a fairly low price (reasonable for the item) which is the minimum I'd like to receive. I've had a few that have not sold but most have sold fine. I then get at least the minimum that I was hoping for so I don't get upset that things sold for too little. However, I do realize that in some cases I probably could have gotten more for the item if it had been on a regular auction. - Meg

emsmombuysdolls

Have you thought about Craig's List? It costs nothing to sell/buy. You name your own prices and don't have to worry about shipping charges.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have never sold on Ebay, but my DH does and he has lost money several times. I think a reserve would be a good idea.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love selling on eBay -- I don't do it for a living or anything, but the money from eBay has saved my hide on many occasions over the past 3-4 months. BUT I do NOT sell AG on ebay!! I know that a lot of HB members do, but I can see where it would be a huge pain, especially considering the behavior that AG items seem to bring out in some kinds of people.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm in the same boat...I've been selling AG on Ebay for just over a year, and doing great, but lately the bidding has been very low, I keep thinking it will pick up before Christmas, but it was much better at this time last year. I think Ebay is going through a slump. I don't have anything listed now, I keep watching the other auctions, I can't believe how low the LE dolls are going for. Like I said before...great time to buy, terrible time to sell. It seems like the thrill of conquest has gone out of the bidding...people bid low, and only once, and just leave it. What's up with that?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by fiveinarowmom:
    I'm in the same boat...I've been selling AG on Ebay for just over a year, and doing great, but lately the bidding has been very low, I keep thinking it will pick up before Christmas, but it was much better at this time last year. I think Ebay is going through a slump. I don't have anything listed now, I keep watching the other auctions, I can't believe how low the LE dolls are going for. Like I said before...great time to buy, terrible time to sell. It seems like the thrill of conquest has gone out of the bidding...people bid low, and only once, and just leave it. What's up with that?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are so right!! I have noticed that too -- now is a good time to buy AG on eBay but not really to sell it. I took advantage of the trend and finally won a Kailey doll at a decent price. I DO think that prices will pick up closer to Christmas. I bought a lot of AG early this year (like between late January and late March) and paid too much for numerous things that I just "had" to have -- so I think that early in the year will be a good time to sell doll stuff too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah luckily I put a reserve on my starudst doll.. I dont really want to sell her, so I feel like if the reserve isnt met, then shes mine to keep! I think closer to xmas, the more the items will sell and the LE's will go back up in price.. I wonder what is causing the lull? Hmmm

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You are right!
    ebay is going veeeeery slow right now!
    Most probably is because there are no major "gift giving" excuses coming up (holidays, easter, back to school... all are gone!)
    I was thinking about listing a couple things, but will wait till closer to the holidays.

Also, if you can find a way of making money that does not involve selling your dolls, it would be much easier on you (emotionally)
    ebay is bad enough on its own, but if you have an "emotional price" going on it, the whole process is much more frustrating.

Best of luck on whatever you decide to do!

Ana [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 22, 2006 03:14 PM: Message edited by: henna1 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You don't need to use a reserve,just list your opening bid at the lowest price you are willing to accept.Why pay an extra reserve fee plus turn off any buyers who don't like to play a guessing game.Or if you feel you must use a reserve to get the action going put your reserve in the auction.
    Avoid running up fees.Don't use ebays picture hosting for extra pictures but use a free service like photobucket.Don't use reserves,bins,double catagories,bold etc.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

October and November are usually good months to sell on Ebay. December is too close to Christmas. For some reason Jan. through March is good and I am not really sure why. Then it gets slow in the summer, all the way through September. I would NOT list anything to sell during these months, unless it is something kids use in school like musical instruments and camera equipment. Then a couple weeks later you will see a glut of these same items as kids lose interest in them. Also text books do well in late summer/early fall. I do not sell professionally, just enough to get by. I have been offered a position with an Ebay "store", writing listings/photographing/shipping but haven't decided if I am going to take it or not. The owner is an acquintance of mine and she just started the business in July. I honestly think that Ebay is going to be replaced by other sources, like CL, only because they got greedy when they raised their fees and started charging for Paypal. Rarely have I lost money on ebay but I am very careful as to when I list items (time of day/week/month/year) It makes a huge difference!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast