Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congrats on the new Jess. I would suggest taking her out of the box and trying some different clothes on here and see if that changes your opinion. I intially wanted her becasue I was going to sel her next year, but after I got her, I fell in love with her. She stayed in her orinal clothes for about a week, maybe less and has been helping me model and size the costumes I'm making.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jess is a strange doll for me!
    I do not like her and do not know why.
    DD finally got her, and I am kind of OK when her hair is down.
    However, she still looks like a chipmunk to me, and her face mold somehow looks odd.
    But then again, there are soooo many other cute dollies to love!

Ana [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Stephanie,

As I have posted previously in some other threads, I am still on the fence about Jess. I got her in April, mostly because I've decided to try to collect the LE's for my DD for when she is a bit older (she's almost 4 now) and I just thought it would be nice for her to have as many of the LE's as we can get (Kailey & Lindsay are not realistic [img]frown.gif[/img] ). I took her out of the box, unbraided her hair and just did not adore her. I do, howver, love her outfit, accessories and all the other stuff in her world--all of it is super cute and you are right in that Marisol looks fabulous in Jess's clothes!

I'm going to keep her, since she truly is for my DD and not for me, unlike the rest of the girls who we are 'sharing' at present! I'm really hoping that my daughter just adores her and plays with her etc. but who knows? Since I'm not thrilled with her hair, I'm hoping that my DD will just go wild and really play with Jess's hair, and leave Marisol's alone, terrible to admit, I know, but so true!

One thing which I think may really captivate my daughter is the accesories and Toshi--my DD is really into Dora the Explorer & Diego right now so I'm contemplating telling her that Jess is an animal explorer too and highlighting a Dora connection.

Another good thing which keeps pulling me toward Jess is all the beautiful pictures of her here on HB that people have submitted. Perhaps these pictures will help you bond with her too?

HTH!

Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know what you mean...I am really on the fence about Jess. She didn't stand out to me at all when she was released as a doll I just had to have. I keep going back and forth on her, though, because she is LE and I'm afraid if I don't get her I will someday suddenly fall in love with her and it will be too late. But I HATE buying something just because it is LE and I MIGHT want it later. I really need to get to AGPC so I can see her in person and decide for certain if I really want to have her!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love my Akiko (aka Jess) but I do not like her in modern clothes and I didn't like her in her own "meet" clothes. I think she looks great in Molly's and Kit's clothes and mine is firmly 1940s now. I also bought her kimonos and she looks fabulous in them.

I had a Jess with a thinner face than the recent ones though and I think I liked her better like that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jess has never really appealed to me either. I think she's o.k....but everytime I look at pictures of her in the catalog I think her face looks kinda like Roseanne Barr..lol

I'm sure after she retires and is $$$ then I'll want her! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Im not crazy about her either....I have her because I have complete sets for all the LEs so far but in truth I dont really like any of them that much....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I read Jess' book today and loved it. I keep looking at the doll and I really don't like her. Since she's here, I'm going to keep her and sell her after she retires. I'm going to buy JLY 26 with the money. I wish I had gotten 26 instead of Jess. Now I have to wait until I recoup the money to get Sabrina (26).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am going to say the opposite of you all hehe [img]smile.gif[/img] I didnt think too much of her on the website and the pictures, but once I got her I knew she was here to stay! She looks good in just about any outfit, and shes unique... the only thing I didnt like about her was some of the jess dolls like the marisols came with one eye smaller than the other.. I had to go through 3 jess's before I found one I bonded with! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast