Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My 12 year old really wants to make her dolls some food this weekend. I have never worked with this kind of clay. Is there a website with step by step directions? Do any of you that make the food have tips for us? I think it will be fun but I am worried we'll go buy the clay at Michaels (hopefully still on sale), find the project is too difficult, and have wasted our money. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    Megan and Caitlin

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ September 24, 2006 05:03 PM: Message edited by: mominwestlake ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 25, 2006 08:28 AM: Message edited by: mominwestlake ]</font>

Polly Marie

Here is a site to help:

http://www.norajean.com/Food/Index.htm

I've haven't done the food, but I read to make the items a little larger for AG size.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The AG Playthings Message Board has some wonderful tips and links where you can learn about making clay food.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just wanted to say that my 12 year old has been making food for her AGs for the past 2 days. It is darling! She's made a hotdog, fries, burger, taco, rice, chocolate chip cookies, sunny side up eggs, bacon, an apple, peas, a carrot, and more. It turned out great! I found some on ebay that I was going to buy but I am so glad that I waited. I'll try to post a picture later. This is a fun mother/child activity too for the younger girls.

AG Crazy in Wyoming

I'm so glad you and your daughter decided to give it a try. Can't wait to see your pictures. This is one of my favorite AG craft projects to do with my dd. With so much food to eat it's also a good excuse to add another doll or two to your collection. [img]wink.gif[/img] ~Bugs

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is some of the food that she made. She made it all herself- although I did the baking. She even made little scoops of icecream to put in Addy's icecream freezer. She can't wait for Michael's to have the clay on sale again.
    Caitlinsfimofood

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your daughter is very creative and I'm sure her dolls will enjoy all this delicious looking food. She did a marvellous job!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your DD did a wonderful job! Making food out of Sculpey is one of DD's favorite things to do too! Thanks for sharing the picture with us!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, those are fabulous! [img]cool.gif[/img] I really love that she made one of the spirally lollipops... it's cute.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a talented daughter you have! The food is just amazing. I especially like the sausage and eggs. (I guess I am hungry this morning!) It looks like she had alot of fun. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast