Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

My grandparents are taking me, my sister, a few dolls (including traveling Violet!) to AGPC, the AG outlet, and the AG factory over Thanksgiving. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

My main question is, should I have them call for a PS? Would they be useful in the store, or just when you want to order something not in the catalog? I just kind of like browsing around AGPC.

If not at the store, should I get one afterwards?

Also... would you recommend the Butterfly Brocade outfit, the Sightseeing outfit or the new Sparkly Sequins outfit?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a wonderful personal shopper at AGPC. Her name is Tracy Smith. The nice thing especially around the holidays is you check out in the personal shopper's office so you won't have to wait in any long lines. My daughter who is almost 8 felt very special because Tracy shopped with us and catered to her, asking what she wanted to see or do and helped her open and inspect anything she wanted. You do have to make an appointment with a ps so if you do it, I would call soon.

Can you tell me about the factory? Do they do tours and such?

Inactive Member american_girls_4_us's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Definitely get a PS! We did and it made the experience even more special. In the PS area we got to see all the Molly/Emily stuff before it was released. Our PS also helped us pick out the most beautiful Kit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would go for the PS, they are very useful especially around the holidays.

horselvr2

I recomend the Butterfly brocade outfit! It is very cute, comes with a lot of accesseries, and you definatly should get the Sparkly tunic! It is so cute! Everything about it is cute!!! And it is in style too. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by ams37:

Can you tell me about the factory? Do they do tours and such?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, they do tours. You have to call ahead and schedule them. My grandparents ended up there instead of the outlet by mistake, so that's how we found out about it.

Edit: Robin, what is the purchase w/ purchase special?

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 08, 2006 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Kit, Kat, and Friends ]</font>

*AG Star*

The Butterfly Brocade outfit is very adorable but the velcro on the back snags really easily. I highly recommend the Sightseeing Outfit. The parts can mix and match with a bunch of the other outfits and the beret is very cute. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sometimes an AGP will have a "purchase with purchase" special--this is usually an outfit (or other AG item) you can buy at a special price along with a minimum purchase.

At AGPLA, the special is a purple warm-up suit with white slip-on shoes for $14 with a minimum purchase of $30 worth of other AG items, but sometimes they don't have the same special at every AGP.

Your PS will know the current specials, and she'll probably tell you all about them without your having to ask! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PS' are a gem. They always help you. My mom didnt know exactly what I wanted for my birthday 2 years ago, so I wrote what I wanted on a piece of paper. She called up our PS, read her off the list, and our PS had it ready when she went down.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A PS is wonderful! If you plan on buying anything, definitely get a PS--you have their guidance and blessing to open and examine items before you buy, as well as getting information on current specials (be sure to ask about the "purchase w/purchase" special--is it the same one as at AGPLA?)--and of course, checking out in the PS Lounge--my favorite perk!

However, I've never made an appointment--I just walked in and asked at the Information desk if one was available, and I've never been disappointed yet. However, if you're going on a busy day, I'd go ahead and make an appointment, just to be sure. You might make the appointment for 30 or 45 minutes AFTER you plan to arrive--that way you could browse around on your own first. [img]smile.gif[/img]

A trip to an AGP is always exciting---have a great time! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]