Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Once you pierce the ear, how do you make sure the earrings aren't too loose and fall out. Does the hole just sort-of expand and contract so the earrings always fit? Does the vinyl ever turn colors with the metal posts?

Inquiring minds want to know! [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi! Thanks for all your nice comments. Her Royal Highness Marie Elizabeth Westoff, retired AGT10, heir to the French throne, is quite a rebel. She absolutely loves the pink-black combo (stunning with that hair) and enjoys diving... which her parents hate. So for just one more rebellion, she begged me to pierce her ears with a piercing earring. I then put in tiny flower studs that are impossible to get out of MY earring holes, since they are so small, and stay in quite well. I actually had to pry the pierce out with the edge of a paperclip and had to pierce one of the ears in the back because it didn't go through all the way. I pierced them close enough to the head that they don't poke me when I try to style their hair. They aren't exactly even but neither are mine, so that's OK.

ETA: Both the piercer earrings and the studs are from Claire's. The piercer ones are small enough that I could have left them in, but I couldn't find the second one.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 24, 2006 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Kit, Kat, and Friends ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They often have incredibly tiny studs in a pack of 8+ at Claire's for just a few dollars, and then you can even change the colors out to match outfits, or what not.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Those are exactly what I use, too.

And by "pushpin" I mean a tumbtack with one of those plastic heads on it that makes it easy to grab.

I have had no problem with the earrings being loose in their holes. The vinyl tends to hold its shape very well so the holes don't stretch out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12