Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a PM Felicity that has serious hair problems. DD loves to brush it. She does spray it and uses an AG brush but it was already too brushed when she arrived here used, though it does not seem like it has thinned anywhere...so it is not any better. I don't know whether a downy dunk will help or whether to have her head replaced at the DH. It is really dry and there is not one iota of shine left within 50 miles of her head. I am going to Chicago in a coupel of weeks and can drop her off and give directions...what are your suggestions? Keep in mind that --

1. DD is STILL going to brush her hair
    2. She is PM
    3. She has no other problems
    4. My DD is 5

Thanks for your suggestions.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I took my Kirsten with really brushed hair and steamed it, and now it shines! It will completely straighten it, but you can put curl back into it with a curling iron that has a low setting.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did you buy the doll for DD to play with, or collect?
    If she is special because she is PM you can restore her hair and make her a collectible with original clothes, and put her on a shelf.
    Buy DD another doll that does not have historical meaning, and let her have at it.

By being on HB I think the first thing we learn is the value of the older dolls, either Historical or AGOT. If a doll is just for "play" maybe buying a new JLY doll or a used one from a HB member or Ebay, would make everyone happy.

But I would try restoring the dolls hair with all the methods we have tried on HB, even the "Son of a Gun" method. And I'll bet Felicity will be just beautiful. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

*AG Star*

I've never tried it, but for this doll I would try a downy dunk. If you sent her into the doll hospital, you would probably get one of the new heads and the hair wouldn't be the same as a PM Lissie. Does the doll hospital still carry PM heads? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well...I bought this one for her to play with. I don't really actually care that she is PM as she is a play doll, but she is holding up quite a bit better than the newer ones. She is still tight and stands quite easily.
    I don't want her to be "new" but I jsut wonder if her hair will brush up nicer if she has new hair. She is still really pretty and I don't think the newer ones are as pretty. I have a PM German Felicity that is GORGEOUS, so maybe I am just spoiled by the look of that one.
    So, I can't figure out what the concensus is---I think it is no new head---right?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would give her the downey dunk. It will make her her shinier and be smoother and easier to manage. You can spray in some STP Son of a Gun vinyl treatment to condition her hair as well. Rinse it out after letting it set for an hour or so.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Or, after you do the "dunk" and steam her hair, if it still is not what you like, you can rewig her. If you don't like the wig after you are done, you can always send her into the Doll Hospital, but I view that as the last resort, only to be used when everything else has failed...

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

UMMMM! We don't!

We hardly ever say no...it is really maddening...it's not so critical right now, but when she is a teenager and wants all of the clothes and stuff...OMGoodness!

Thanks for the compliment!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, let's put it this way, if you try the downy dunk and the steaming of the hair and those don't work, you could always restort to a new head. Since you like the PM look much better, try to fix her. I don't think your DD brushing her hair after the downy dunk would do any harm. I love to brush my PM Felicity's hair and it is still shiny and nice.

Good luck and be sure to let us know how she turns out!

PS your DD in your aviatar and siggy is GEORGOUS! How do you ever manage to say no to those big blue eyes!?!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Downy dunk her.

It'll feel softer and nicer, plus you'll feel good about making an old doll feel like new!