Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome! What they all tell you about a growing collection is true. I've only been here a week or two, and I already want twice as many things as I did before, and I'm looking at a new dollie (but testing my self restraint until my room is done... my own incentive, not my parents')!

Speaking of which: I've been looking at the dollie that you have. Do you like her? I have no idea what I'd name her, but I really like her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]biggrin.gif[/img] You guys are great! So many friendly posts already. I definitely do feel better knowing that it's not just little girls who are interested in collecting!

I really like the Just Like You collection. I'm happy with one doll now (who knows how long that statement will ring true... I feel like you guys will change that!), and would love to get some outfits and accessories. I really like the 2-in-1 gymnastics outfit, the Hanukkah accessories, and maybe another outfit, some pajamas...

Oh, and where would I find coupon codes?

Sigh! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board! You're going to love it here! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] My collection started off with Molly, I don't remember what else I originally got with her, I think maybe her bed. I buy current items from the website, and AGP, very rarely do I order thorugh the catalogues. If I'm looking for a retired item, I either look for it on eBay or at the MCM Sale.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome! There are lots of people on this board, some of them much older than you, and almost all of them with more dolls than you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I joined here several months ago, actually hoping to chat a little and then sell my Kirsten doll, who I got in 1989 and never really bonded with, and who I found was worth a fair amount of money! The nice people here convinced me to do otherwise, and in late June (or maybe early July) I bought Nellie (who I completely fell in love with from her stories), AND convinced my mom to get Kit. I also have a friend who got back into buying things for her doll and is tempted to buy a second as well. I myself have spent a bit more money than I care to admit on AG now that I've found this messageboard. [img]redface.gif[/img] But remember, doll collecting is the second most common hobby in the world, so don't ever feel like you're weird!

Codes can be found in the sticky thread that has the word "Codes" in it on the front page of the messageboard.

(The moderating team has also sent you a private message to welcome you. To retrieve it, click on the link to your inbox near the top of the screen, directly below where it should say "Hello, Sparklyyy [ log out ].

Normally we start a separate welcoming thread, but I think you did such a good job of introducing yourself, I don't want to trouble you with doing it again! I'd be happy to edit your post to be called "Welcome Sparklyyy!" if you'd like, though. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PNut Butter: I love her! I picked her because she is, well, just like me (blue eyes, freckles, light brown hair with highlights -- same exact color, even)! The hair does seem very natural because it has highlights, and I like how it's not curly and not straight; it has gorgeous waves at the bottom (I wish my hair would do that!).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] <font size="4">WELCOME TO THE BOARD!</font> [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

You are going to love it here. You can find the special Saver Codes and retirements posted on one of the Stickies posted on top of this Board. Warning! The AG Force is strong. [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oops, sorry, Julie! I'll learn all of the forum etiquette here soon enough, I promise.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, Welcome!! I know you will love it here! So many great people and posts!
    I Have to say my collection has grown a lot since
    I found this place too, But I LOVE it! lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board! We are enablers, but if ever decide to thin out your collection, we'll take them off your hands too.
    I have 5 AG and 3 non-AG, and am trying to get more. I have added 3 dolls since I came to the board in the beginning of August. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    The AG Force is a strong one. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome, sparklyyy!! I am a "young adult" collector, too (I'm 24), but I've been collecting since I was a kid. However, I kind of fell out of collecting in high school, and then got into it again in college. I had one doll as a kid; I now have 11. [img]eek.gif[/img] Molly was my first doll since I loved her stories and because she looked like me back then, so your AGOT #23 sounds like a perfect choice for you. Sorry, I still call them AGOTs, or American Girl of Today, because I don't like the name Just Like You because well -- they don't look like me! [img]wink.gif[/img] If you have any trouble with abbreviations or have any questions, feel free to PM the mods or another HB member -- we are all superfriendly here! So welcome again and let the enabling begin!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast