Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, Sparklyyy, I'm sorry--I didn't mean to imply that YOU had done something wrong! Our policy here is that if someone new joins, we (as in the moderators or sometimes just existing members) usually give them a separate thread to welcome them, and *I* felt *I* was shirking my duty by not giving you a separate post, because I thought this one was good enough! You did nothing wrong, so please don't worry about it! I know you'll be a wonderful addition to this board, and I'm sorry if I caused you any worry! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to agree with molly*belle717... they will always be American Girls of Today to me. I don't like when things change from the way I grew up with them, so I'm sticking to that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Somtimes I think I'm to old for AG dolls, but I LOVE them still, so I say to myself, my dad collects old toys still from when he was little so why can't I? I'm a bigger AG fan now then I ever was! Good luck with your collection!!!

kirsten1854 [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Willkommen sparklyyy - nice meeting you!

When I found the board I had just one AG doll, Felicity. Two years later it's 12 beautiful American Girls. The board is very addictive and full of enablers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Erin! I'm also one of those who is "too old for dolls" and just got her first one - I turned 22 last June, and Beatrice (AGT#28) arrived just...three weeks ago? WOW, it doesn't feel like Bea's been around that long!

But I've been collecting the AG books since I was ten. I wanted a doll since then, but my parents said they were too expensive and, well, I found this board a month and a half ago, and so suddenly Beatrice came home! I guess it helps that I joined right before the new dolls were announced, and Beatrice is exactly what I was looking for. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I hope you enjoy your time with us!

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome, Sparklyy! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] I am another AG lover older than you. [img]wink.gif[/img] I didn't get my first AG doll till a few years ago when I was in my middle 50's - now they are all over my house! I love dressing them up, setting up scenes, and taking photos of all my girls. I look forward to getting to know you better as you join in our discussions here on the board. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Polly Marie

As you can see, we encourage adult play of dolls(especially the cute AG dolls)!
    Welcome and hope you feel at home with fellow doll collectors. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You are never too old for dolls. welcome to the board! I am a 51 year old Gramma and just found American girls this summer and I am enchanted with them!! so, never too old for dolls! Enjoy them!

Linda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board! [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

I don't think anyone is ever too old for dolls- especially those as beautiful and unique as American Girl. I'm in high school, and when I talk about my Kit, my friends just smile and roll their eyes, but it's all good.

I love the doll you got! She is such a pretty doll. I agree- she needs a friend. [img]wink.gif[/img]

I always buy my AG stuff from the catalogue. (I call in the order- or rather, my mom does. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

I started collecting for Kit when she came out, and I have gotten everything before it retired, so I don't need to buy off eBay.

Again, welcome! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Lindsey [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Edited for spelling.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 24, 2006 08:40 AM: Message edited by: randomAGchic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're not silly to still like dolls! Most of the people on this hostboard are adults and look at them! I started my collection by buying molly myself and then every holiday or birthday so far I've asked for AG stuff. Now I have 6 AGs!!

</font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dolls I have: Molly, Nellie, Felicity,Elizabeth, Haylie (#13) and Jessica (BB) Hoping for: Jess,Emily and # 28</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast