Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great day at AGP and Valerie Tripp book signing!

thepidget
    Yesterday, my fiance and I went out to AGPLA as a pre-birthday outing for me. I had a really terrific time there!

First, we got there very early in the morning for the cafe brunch. I decided to bring Molly with me, and she got a little "treat seat" so she could eat with us too. [img]wink.gif[/img] I thought the food was good--I got the salmon eggs Benedict and he got the yogurt granola parfait.

After eating, I went downstairs with Molly to meet Valerie Tripp, who was doing a book-signing that day. She has written so many of the AG books, including Molly's, Kit's, Josefina's, and Felicity's, so I was really excited to meet her. I also brought along my old white-cover Pleasant Company copy of Molly Saves the Day, the first AG book I've ever read, because I was hoping Valerie would sign it for me.

The wait in line wasn't too bad, but there seemed to be a lot of adults and children who wanted to meet Valerie and have their books autographed as well. When my turn finally came, I was a little nervous, but Valerie could not have been nicer. She has such an outgoing and friendly personality.

She talked to me for a little bit while she autographed my book. She said my Molly looked pretty and asked about the AG books I have (which are a lot). Apparently, she had fun writing about Molly and enjoyed doing the research for the WWII time period. Valerie also said that I can write to her whenever I want, and that she always writes back to her fans.

Here is the address you can write to, if anyone is interested:

American Girl
    c/o Valerie Tripp
    P.O. Box 620497
    Middleton, WI 53562
    U.S.A.

(It is basically the same address on the pull-out cards on the back of the AG historical books. I think AG will just forward Valerie's fan mail to her.)

Our meeting was fairly brief, maybe about five minutes or so, and after that I went upstairs to do some fun AG shopping. But it was really an honor to meet the woman who has played such a large role in shaping AG's historical characters. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Anyway, thanks for reading. Sorry this post is so long, but I just wanted to share my lovely AG day. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Polly Marie

That was special! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    I'm so glad that you shared with us about your fun day and meeting Valerie Tripp. Thanks! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 24, 2006 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Polly Marie ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with Valerie Tripp at AGP. I'm so glad that she signed your Molly book for you--very special! Thanks for sharing your special day with us!

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img]

*AG Star*

Sounds like you had a great day! Valerie Tripp seems like such a nice person! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a nice experience! I've always wanted to meet Valerie Tripp, but we're never in Chicago at the same time. Thanks for the address to write to her. She sounds like such a nice person and I've loved all of her books!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi!

What a fun time it sounds like you had! That is really cool that you got to meet Valerie Tripp and get books signed too!

Thanks for sharing your day with us!

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a fun day! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I've never met Valerie, but I would love to if I had the chance. Maybe I will write to her...

Anyway, what did you buy? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a great day! Thanks for letting us live vicariously through you. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That sounds fantastic! I went to AGP in Los Angeles and that place is, well... there are no words! That's great that you got to meet her. I've met a few celebrities that I admire so I know how you must have felt. I love all those books. I still have them and should totally re-read them.

Erin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Happy early birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast