Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love love love some of the accessories for the dolls, but I'd really like it in MY size! Do any of you know where I might be able to find things similar to the following? Note that I'm a college student and can't afford much, but I'm willing to sell what I've got, if it's duplicate.

1. Kit's Rolltop Desk
    2. Kit's Dresser Trunk (I have the doll-sized version, and I'm thinking about getting another one to store my "unmentionables" becase it's the perfect size, and I hate my enormous dresser)
    3. Molly's Lunchbox (I can't find metal lunchboxes like that ANYWHERE anymore)
    4. Josefina's Telescope
    5. Molly's RollerSkates (forgot this one the first time through! I'm looking for the attachable kind, not the whole-foot kind)

Also, I'm trying to find websites that have costumes or patterns for 18th century Spanish colonial wear (and undergarments!), but I'm having the worst luck. I tried google to no avail, and I don't know where else I search - SCA is mostly medieval, and I really need historically accurate stuff, because I'm planning to volunteer at a 17th century Spanish Castillo here in Florida (though we wear 18th century garments, because the surrounding area burned down around 1720, so that's the era we have the most artefacts and whatnot from).

A lot of what I find are English colonial, which is quite different! Some of it is the same, and some of Josefina's things are the same, but it's more of a mix between the two. Spanish colonial wasn't as fancy as the English at the time, going more for skirts and camisas like Josefina, but it did use similar undergarments and styles, like the pinner aprons (afair) and shoes and headgear.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide! I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for these things in big-person size, and if anyone else wants to add on with things they're looking for, please feel free to hijack the thread! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

(Oh, regarding Kit's Rolltop Desk: I'm willing to build one myself, I just don't know how. It seems logical, except for the rolltop part! And I'd like a design to work from, or else I'll get overwhelmed by all the possibilities for compartment configuration.)

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 24, 2006 05:47 PM: Message edited by: keristars ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Was just going thru the threads as I had to work today and I found something for you. I hope this is what you meant by saying "MY SIZE" furniture.

http://riversidefurniture.com/select.asp?p=3&m=1&id=RTD

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know they have a variety of new metal People -Size lunchboxes at Borders where they have the gift and stationery items. They have modern patterns on them but you could paint it red to look like Molly's.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the links to the rolltop desks! That's exactly what I was looking for, I'm just hopeless with google. Get me in front of a card catalogue (even a computerized one), and I'm a whiz but pit me against Google and I fail every time.

Also, thanks for the tip about Borders. I need to go there anyway to pick up Kaya's book collection, so I'll make sure to check them out!

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't use Google, Riverside is in my town and the owners go to my church and every year they donate a Roll Top desk to our silent auction.
    Have you tried Hastings for metal lunch boxes, or Ebay??