Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I won an ebay auction for AGOT#08 in the retired GS outfit w/ non-AG GS sweater and several other non-AG items. The total with shipping was $100. I paid her via Paypal and now she says that the doll is "loose" and she refunds me my money!! I told her she can keep the doll and that I will just take the other items (for less), but she doesn't want to do this. Not only that, in order for her to get her ebay fees back she had to file a "nonpaying bidder" against me (which she did, even though I paid her)and now I have to fill out an ebay form explaining to them that I paid but that the seller doesn't want to ship the item to me because she feels it is "not as described". I have bought/sold on ebay for nearly 10 years and have NEVER come upon something like this!! I KNOW the seller feels like she should have gotten more on the auction and that is why she is refusing to ship the doll to me. Has anything like this happened to anyone else on this HB? THANKS [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

(Edited by Kenshinchan as per AGF messageboard rules)

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 25, 2006 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What does "loose" mean? I've never heard of this crazy situation you are going through!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*mouth hangs open* Wow! i am so sorry this happened to you!

I got scammed three times on ebay. One, the item was broken and glued together, and the seller accused ME of breaking it!

Second, 90 Hardy Boys books never came! And seller Vansished! taking my $$ plus 20 others! And paypal did nothing!

and third, one word--- NORA!!!!!! (eventhough I love her to death, and did get my money back)

I hope this is resolved for you.

Polly Marie

I am so sorry that you are being treated unfairly! [img]frown.gif[/img] I want to know the name of the seller so I can add her/him to my "Bad Sellers" list. Thanks,

(Edited by Kenshinchan)

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 25, 2006 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Guys - AS a heads up for the Mods take out the sellers name

I would file a non-performing seller and don't let her get her fees back. What a pain INsist on getting the doll

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess it's beside the point, but you could restring the doll if she would sell her to you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Red face

I did everything she instructed me to do so she could get her ebay fees back, meanwhile she said she paypaled me a refund, but she didn't. SO I asked her to refund me "immediately" (exact words). She took offense to my request and in the next email calls me a ((bad name)) and says she is going to block me from bidding on her auctions. Meanwhile she paypals me the refund and because she is sending me money MY Paypal account gets charged $3.23! So I request her to refund the $3.23, very nicely. YES, I would recommend that you put her on your list of "do not buy from". The only other issue I had with her was that I paypaled her the invoice amount, without additional insurance. When she asked if I wanted insurance, I declined and she had a problem with that. I suggested that if she has a problem with no insurance she might consider delivery confirmation to protect herself. I used to be a postal carrier and DC is the best way to ship. I don't believe that she was happy with my choice...but I believe the REAL reason she didn't want to ship the doll is because I got it for a good price. BTW she said it was stung "loose". I could have insisted that she send the doll anyways, but I had my suspicions that I would be better off not dealing with this seller. OKAY I'm finished with buying on ebay for awhile!! [img]frown.gif[/img]

(Edited by Kenshinchan)

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 25, 2006 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm very sorry about your bad experience. [img]frown.gif[/img]

It IS against board rules to mention ebay sellers by name, so I had to edit that out.

Polly Marie

Thanks, Julie. I believe there was a mix-up about the Seller's name anyway.
    I can understand the reasons Hostboard does not allow using eBay sellers' names--number one is probably lawsuits!

So sorry about this experience, starling. I do not understand why eBay sellers get away with things like this! [img]eek.gif[/img]
    I believe you did right about not insisting she goes through with the deal. I wouldn't want to have any dealings with this seller! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

This is so sad. Every once in awhile I also have a bad experience on Ebay.
    There should be some recourse for you. Can you try to contact ebay or use the live chat and explain the situation? You should not be charged for the paypal refund fee!!!
    I just received an item broken into 17 pieces. The seller refused to respond or answer her phone. She has has 3 negative feedback scores in the past month, too, including mine. Since she did not offer insurance and promised to pack carefully, I am left paying for a bunch of broken pieces. It stinks!!
    However, I have had some very responsive and honest sellers who have made good on their broken of missing items. There are lots of great sellers out there.
    So sorry you got stuck with such a stinker!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast