Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I've got one high ticket item going up on ebay in a couple weeks and that will be my Emily money. I've been batting around the idea of getting the 'Friends" collection with her and Molly, because even though I love my childhood Molly, as a collector I would like one who's still in excellent condition. So I mentioned this to my mother and I got one heck of a surprise!

My mother got Molly from me two Christmases ago, the same year I got Kit from her. She loves Molly, but she noticed that she looks lonely on a shelf in Mom's room with her teddy bear collection and no other dolls. She also noticed that my girls get alot of attention and she doesn't give Molly as much attention as she thinks she deserves. So I have adopted mom's Molly and now have her Molly wardrobe to split between the to miss Mollys. Included with her outfits are the Route 66 and Victory Garden dresses, and the camp Gowonagain outfit!

The thing is, this works out perfectly, because three years ago for Christmas my mother got me a keyboard and it just didn't "gel" with me. Okay, I'll be honest...I can't carry a tune in a bucket, and music is not more forte be it singing, playing or dancing. So I always felt bad about this. Now my mother, who turns 61 in Novemeber wants to learn something new, so guess who's getting my keyboard? It all worked out perfectly!

One thing Mom said really struck me and I knew ya'll would love it too...she said: "Porcelian dolls you enjoy for their beauty, but they're just dolls. American Girls are like little girls who need to be loved and hugged and enjoyed, not just looked at." [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

thepidget

Congrats on your new adopted Molly. Things really did work out for the best.

Also, I love your mom's quote! It seems so true. I've never, ever been drawn to other dolls the same way I'm drawn to AG's. AG's just seem like they're calling out to be played with and loved. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

emsmombuysdolls

Congrats!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a great swap! Your Mom is a special lady. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, she's awesome. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm so glad that now that I'm grown up I get to call her mother and friend. She has a MS-type disease that keeps her mostly homebound, but she still has such a positive attitude about life, and still looks at the world with the eyes of a child who sees the true beauty in it. I can honestly say she's my hero and I hope as I grow I can be half the woman she is, and half the mother she has been to me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Polly Marie

Congratulations on Molly---------and a BIG CONGRATULATIONS for having such a wonderful mother! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]