Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

My friend has done this twice so far, she took a doll and my spray bottle and soaked her hair and then brushed and brushed. So now they have straight hair that feels gummy and gross. The victims: Felicity and Kit. I was crying when I was doing Felicity's hair and I noticed the gumminess. I saved for 6 months to get her and some of her things and now her sleek, shiny, beautiful hair feels like she forgot to wash out the conditioner. Kit's even worse, since she is my friend's favorite.

WHAT DO I DO??

ETA: By straight hair I mean that all curve on the ends has gone and isn't bouncy.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 27, 2006 07:35 PM: Message edited by: american-girl-fan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It sounds like she might have used a PEOPLE brush that had some styling product build up.. You could wash their hair with a mild dish detergent like Dawn, then let it drip dry.Ask your friend to use a clean doll-only brush next time.Good luck!

* This will probably restore the shape and body too.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 27, 2006 07:40 PM: Message edited by: American_Mommy ]</font>

horselvr2

If what American_Mommey suggested doesn't work, I suggest that you make your friend pay for 2 new doll heads! It's not fair that she made your doll's hair gross!

thepidget

I'm guessing that your friend used a human brush to comb your dolls' hair. It's not the best thing to do since humans have a lot of oils and sweat in their hair, while dolls don't. That will cause doll hair to feel sticky (and I speak from experience).

Also, in the future, be sure that she uses a wire brush instead of a plastic one and that the spray bottle has clean, fresh water in it.

If you think your dolls' hair feels gummy, you can try carefully washing their hair with baby shampoo. (Don't get any water into the eyes!) If you've never washed doll hair before, you should practice on Kit first, since she has shorter hair.

Good luck! I hope everything turns out okay. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You could try the IC wig shampoo that's available at Sally's Beauty Supply--it's about $5 a bottle, but works beautifully on doll hair. (Follow the instructions on the bottle.) [img]smile.gif[/img]

emsmombuysdolls

I agree with all the suggestions so far. I just wanted to add that you should [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] tell people to keep their hands off your dollies.

Inactive Member american-girl-fan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks! Felicity's hair feels better after I misted it. Kit's hair feels....ok after I misted it.

ETA:

And I obviously can't make her buy me new heads!!! Her parents just got divorced and they have like no extra money. You should know that there are more people in this world besides the rich ones!!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 28, 2006 03:31 PM: Message edited by: american-girl-fan ]</font>