Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I need help talking to my mam about getting Emily. I usely have trouble talking to her about stuff I want so if anybody has an idea of how I can talk to her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If oyu have any money saved up for her, I would use that as a way to help convince her. Show her the catalog, and ask her thoughts on the dolls, and see what she thinks about Emily. IF she says that Emily is too expensive, suggest ways that you can earn exra money as a way to save for her. If you are able to save up enough to buy her for yourself, your mom will be able to see that Emily really means a lot to you.
    Good Luck.

Inactive Member QueenNellieElizabeth's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I do have enough money saved up from my birthday and in change, so that I have no problem with. I could always have my grandma help me talk to my mam because I told her that she should get Molly (she loves her, and grew up in the forties) and I should get Emily. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Polly Marie

Good idea! [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img] Grandmas can be very loving and helpful. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi!

Since you've got enough money saved up, which is very responsible of you by the way, and you are not asking for your mom to pay for Emily, I would show her either the catalog or the website and tell her that you would like to use your own money to purchase Emily. You could also explain that you've put a great deal of thought into this decision and that you realize Emily is a pretty big purchase but that you feel like she is worth it.

Do you have any other things coming up which you might need to use your savings for? If so, I'd mention that you're aware of these expenses that are coming and let your mom know that you'll try to earn the money to cover them, since Emily will be such a big purchase.

If you've read all or any of Molly/Emily's stories and feel/felt compelled to learn more about the 1940's or WWII as a result of Molly/Emily, I wouldn't hesitate to mention that too. As a mom now myself, I love educational toys or toys that inspire me or my DD to learn new things!

When I was younger, my parents (who were wonderful!) always really seemed to respect my choices for how I used my savings if I could explain why I felt whatever was to be purchased was a good use of the money.

I think it would be cute if your Grandma got Molly and you got Emily! What a nice thing to be able to share with your Grandma!

HTH!

Katie

Inactive Member QueenNellieElizabeth's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh thank you!!! My mam was thinking of buying my grandma Molly for Cristmas but I think if I buy it, which I will end up with my money or in the alowence hole for a year [img]smile.gif[/img] .