Thread: Reviews: Molly's stage, theatre seats, and chifforobe!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OMGoodness! I've been getting in my orders for Christmas and only able to look at them quickly while Diana is gone.

The theatre seats are absolutely adorable, I think someone else has already posted on these. They are quite heavy, but the chairs stay in the up position and only go down when a doll is sitting there. They're lovely!

The theatre needs assembly! So I can't do that yet, and yes, it is all plastic, but that's okay with me. What I was really impressed with is the theatre screening, it all runs together, but there are 5 different screens. I guess I was expecting it to be a nylon type fabric, but it is really more like a painted canvas. It's my favorite part and I know this whole unit will get a TON of use from Diana and her friends.

Chifforobe: Well, hmmm, I just don't know. I'm disappointed about the drawers not being functional. I knew they weren't, but when you open it up, that side is just totally open. I don't think it would have killed them to design that side with at least a hanging rack like the left side has. It's meant to hold the doll, which in our case, will never happen anyway. So, I'm going to have DH take a look at it and see if he can hang some kind of rod there, or maybe do some stacking open shelving, something to at least make it more useful. Sometimes, I just don't think AG thinks through these things enough.

All of these will be in hiding till Christmas, so sorry, but I can't even get pics of them yet, and will assemble the stage closer to that time.

Laurie

thepidget

Thanks for the reviews. Diana's going to have a very exciting Christmas! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also have the chifforobe and think the same thing. What I want to do is get small cup hooks, screw them on the right side so that the hanging clothes holder can hang from the hooks. That way you can put clothes in that and use the rod for hanging clothes also. The clothes holder has hooks that can just hang on the cup hooks. Hope that makes senses. The clothes holder hardly holds anything. It is cute but not very practical. I wish the drawer at the bottom was two or three drawers instead of just one large one. That is one thing so great about the trunks was the three drawers.

I am sure your daughter will enjoy her Christmas presents.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] & [img]smile.gif[/img] VBFF

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mollygirl, I was thinking the same thing about the cup hooks to hold the garment bag. I think it's also kind of useless as well, but it does *look* cute.

Laurie

Felicity_Fan85

Thanks for the reviews!

My mom thinks the theater chairs look cute.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the reviews. Tori will be getting Emily but I'm not sure what else. I love the chiffarobe (I used my mom's when I was away in college) but she has the trunk so I don't think we'll get it-at least not now [img]wink.gif[/img] .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't seen the chiffarobe in person, but is it possible for a small tension curtain rod to fit inside? The cup hook idea is great, but if you were worried about the value of the chiffarobe, you might want to do something reversible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That was my comment the first time I saw the pictures of it that were posted!! They just don't get the concept of "wasted space".

I like the cup holder idea but you really have to know what you're doing - if the wood cracks you would be very upset (I don't think the guarantee would cover it).

I was thinking of trying to find clear, white or red plastic containers that I could stack on that side - if I ever get it.

Do kids really put their dolls in pieces of furniture for storage? I know when I was younger I had doll trunks that the doll could go in, but I don't think I ever put them there.

Like that big storage cabinet for $325 - would you really store 4 dolls inside, or use the rods for lots of clothing?

I also agree, I wish the drawers were real, even though I know they are not.

And, as cute an idea of a laundry bag is, what is a doll going to put in a laundry bag - dirty underwear?

Oh well, it's not as bad as the big purple locker for the Doll of Today (JLY) way back. There was a drawer unit to the back with an area above it and I think the Clothes hung to the front, so the area over the drawers was useless. I didn't know why they couldn't have put a clothes rod across the whole thing either.

Oh well, I couldn't do the job as well as they do and I don't think you can please everyone 100%.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah, I am a little worried about screwing something else into the wood, in case it cracked or something. Maybe just a tiered shelving of some sort, but I think the idea of the spring tension rod is a good one too.

I'll update on what we decide on.