Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I ordered Monday and got half the order yesterday. Heaven only knows when the other half will show up. They said 4 to 6 business days. I have the best and worst of all worlds. I live 3 blocks from a UPS distribution center. Its easy to send stuff, but our deliveries don't come until the last part of the day, usually around 5 pm.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I asked a CS what the deal was with this. She said that they have started something new. They have UPS deliver to the USPS and then they deliver the package to us. She said that only some items are shipped this way, and CS has no control over what is shipped which way, AG shipping department makes all of the decisions. I too have found this to be over the top, over 10 days to get an item, several times recently. Why not just send USPS to begin with, especially with the smaller packages. Lots of Mattel silly stuff going on it seems. For a mail order only company, for the most part, they really shouildn't be messing with their shipping, codes or not.

Shelly

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi: I placed an order for hangers on Wednesday and received them the very next day. Of course, I live in Illinois. I think you have to blame UPS or USPS for this one and not American Girl. If AG gets the package to UPS it's out of their hands (free S & H or not). So if your package is going to California or where ever and it's still sitting in Illinois - that's not American Girl's fault.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by kbrzez:
    I have been using the codes and still receive my items the next day or 2 days later. I never had any problems, but I live in MI which is really close-wonder what will happen when I move to AZ-slow probably...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It seems like it takes forever to get a package out here. About a week and a half, sometimes more if there's a holiday weekend in there. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I ordered Emily last week, on Monday evening, using the free shipping code, online, and she was at my door Friday morning. I live in Ohio, and this was faster than some of my other orders.
    Go figure!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've noticed this,too.I usually get the package when the tracking says it hasn't even left yet,even for non-AG purchases lately.And it's slower then molasses in winter getting here. [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] My last one came a little faster though.I had thought any package delivery was slow because of all the security they've got.I just assumed they were being careful with packages as well as airplane luggage. [img]confused.gif[/img]

JabberwockyPie

Originally posted by luv*AG:
    So true!! And I'm not happy about having to type in that long tracking number on the UPS site either [img]frown.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why not just copy and paste it from the order confirmation? It's not that hard.

GrandmaNonnie

My daughter place a doll+ order 9/27 in the morning...DID NOT use the free shipping code I told her about and the box came today. We will see how long it takes my order to get here. I place it 9/28 in the evening and it is also a doll+ order WITH the free shipping code TO THE SAME ADDRESS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It usually takes a week for packages to get here from AG when I use a code. I placed an order yesterday and it shipped today.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For some reason, I no longer get the emails that show my package has shipped so I cannot track it that way. When I go on the AG website under my account, the orders and the tracking numbers show up but when I click on them, it takes me to the UPS website but the tracking number doesn't go along. It's very frustrating because it never used to be that way and it doesn't allow me to copy and paste the tracking number that shows on the AG page to the UPS page. That's why I have to write down the tracking number and then type it in on the UPS website. Sorry to go in such detail but I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem as me?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast