Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I noticed your other post and thought we should welcome you to the message board. [img]smile.gif[/img] Do you have any American Girl dolls? Care to tell us about them? Anything else about yourself? [img]smile.gif[/img]

The moderators are also sending you a welcoming private message. If you don't know how to check your private messages, just click on the "PM Inbox" link on the top left of the screen, under your username.

Anyway, welcome to the board! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 29, 2006 02:43 AM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] We hope you will join in our discussions and help us get to know more about you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Polly Marie

<font size="4"><center><font color="blue">Welcome to the board!</font></center></font>

<center> [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] </center>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Willkommen - nice meeting you!

thepidget

Dipsy, welcome to the board! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

*AG Star*

Welcome to the board!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

emer222

Welcome to the board! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font color="blue"> [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] <font size="3">Welcome to the Board!</font> [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] </font>

We are so glad you joined, and look forward to hearing more from you!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the board!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for the welcome messages after I posted about the Columbus doll show a couple of weeks ago. I'll write more about that in a separate thread. This is too long already. I'm not much of a writer and I usually post messages online only when I have some information to share. Clearly it'd only be once in a blue moon that I'd have any American Girl news before it's already been posted here!

I'd gotten to Hostboard from a link in Ann's SOAGC site awhile ago and had seen the thread about members in Ohio. When it clicked that the doll show in Columbus the 22nd would be a very good place to have a meetup. I wanted to post right away to give people as much time as possible to make plans. Then I left to visit friends out of town (more below).

Yes, I do have AG and now other play dolls. I've collected dolls for a long time but it wasn't until after I met other adult AG lovers online that I started "playing with" dolls again. About 1990 Santa gave Kirsten to my DD. After a few years DD was older and busy with other things such as ice-skating and Kirsten was relegated to her closet. My dolly life changed when I saw AG dolls modeling skating outfits at a competition. I thought it would be fun to dress Kirsten as a skater and put her under the Christmas tree. Unfortunately, the vendor had outfits but was out of skates. Another mother said she knew where to get skates and brought me a pair as well as the new AG catalog. This was when Girls of Today were new. Honestly, my immediate reaction was disappointment that Pleasant Company wasn't sticking with only the historical characters. But then, as I looked through the catalog and saw Samantha's sailor dress it hit me that DD had a sailor dress when she was small and that I'd buy myself a #2 along with the sailor outfit to represent DD ...

After that, DD and I bought a Felicity to share and would look through each new catalog, occasionally buying three outfits, one for each of the three girls. My AGOT Ana, Kirsten and Felicity all time travel.

This may have been before the AG website. I did meet other AG fans through email groups and was inspired to start playing with the AG girls as well as other dolls. If you want, you can see photos of some play dolls (including one antique and one vintage baby) at
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...&a=30423514&f=
    and photos of Ana and some Sasha dolls on vacation at.
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...&a=30312460&f=

Now I have a 2yo DGD who loves dolls and looking at AG catalogs. She plays with her mother's Kirsten but by my choice hasn't seen my AGs yet. She does play with some of my Sasha and Daisy Kingdom dolls one at a time as well as her baby dolls. Naturally I've thought of getting her a Bitty Baby. She already has strong taste as to what dolls appeal to her, though, and I can't predict whether Bitty would be special to her.

When I saw the catalog with the new Bitty toddler twins and their potty, I thought one of the girls might be perfect now. I ordered the potty and accessories and a few outfits. My idea was that maybe I'd buy twins, leave one in the box, let DGD play with "mine" to see if she loved her and if so, give her a doll just like it. I waited because I knew I'd be going to the Chicago area soon and hoped to get to AG place. I wanted to see the dolls in person, especially because a friend had told me they don't sit well.

So, although I wasn't on Hostboard last week, I did get to AG Place for about an hour. I focused on the twins and have some photos at
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...&a=32319647&f=

It's funny, Emily and almost all the JLY dolls and clothes looked even better than I anticipated but I'm still undecided about the twins. Maybe they were tired out since it was after 6 PM. It seems like now that the twins are older they'd be built less like babies and have full vinyl arms and legs. Evidently AG has heard this request before and I wonder if they'll be revised.

Oh, almost forgot although she's sitting next to me, I also have a Molly and her furniture that I was given for a special birthday two years ago. Molly says we need Emily. Who knows, maybe when DGD is ready for her own AG doll!

Karen R.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast