Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am thinking about getting a mini doll (or 2) to take with me when I travel. I often travel for work and a 18" doll is just too big to take with me. A mini doll would fit better into my suitcase or carry on. I think it would be fun to track the mini doll's travels in a journal. Now the hard part: deciding which doll.

I am trying to decide between Kaya, Molly, Emily or Molly and Emily. But first, I was wondering if you can take off these mini dolls' clothing without ruining their dresses? If so, I could make a night gowns and other dresses for them. If not, than I might consider getting Kaya as I think she would be a good travel doll.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't tried to take Emily's outfit off but I will say that her shoes are really hard to get on and off. I was afraid of tearing them. They are plastic. Felicity's stuff does come off and her shift could easily double as a night gown.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The clothing does come off and the dolls are made just like the 18 inch dolls.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kit's shoes come off easily and I heard a lot of other mini dolls' shoes do as well. I didn't take the shoes traveling. I don't think you can remove Kit's outfit unless you cut it off. I'd go for either Molly and Emily or Felicity or Josefina (since Felicity's shift and Josefina's camisa could double as a nightgown).
    I took Mini-Kit-Kat traveling with me:
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2104209481
    You are right, it's a lot more convienient to carry the mini dolls and they allow for their own set of unique photo opps. Plus you can take more... the more the merrier!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I think they are really cute and worth the money.

*AG Star*

I have mini Kaya and she's very cute. Her hair doesn't get messed up easily. (My mini Felicity's hair came completely wild!) I've never taken off her shoes, but they might be hard to get back on if you wanted to change them. Hope this helps! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a mini Molly and everything comes off. The sweater is a little bit difficult to get off, but as long as you're careful it's fine. One warning about Molly is that her shoes and glasses come off very easily (as do the ribbons), so be careful not to lose them. Make sure Molly is packed in such a way that they'll be easy to find or just take her barefoot during the actual travel time with the shoes socks and glasses in a plastic baggie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love mini dolls; taking them traveling is a great idea!

If you're traveling, I'd suggest finding the dolls with the least removable parts (or, leaving the parts at home). Mini Emily might be OK for that. Mini Kit's shoes come off VERY easily; the only other mini doll I have is Mini Nellie, and her shoes pretty much stay in place.

I personally think it might be more fun to have dolls from contrasting time periods, than just having Molly and Emily. But if you're a purist (or as much of a purist as you can be with 6-inch dolls [img]biggrin.gif[/img] ), they'd be a good combo...except I've heard several people have lost her glasses. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Kaya is the most beautiful mini doll I've seen in person, and she wouldn't need changes of clothes.

I assume all the mini dolls' clothes technically come off. Nellie's come off easily, but on Mini Kit, you have to stretch her sweater to get it off. (It's just one piece, undersweater and cover-up, so you have to slip it over her head.)