Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Bitty Twins arrived yesterday and the gift basket was delivered today. Worked out beautifully-- the family had to do something minutes from my house so they actually came to pick it up.

It wasn't easy fitting all those goodies into the basket! Everyone was so generous we had quite the pile of Bitty things. The twins are adorable. Much cuter in person than in the pictures.

Here are pictures of the Gift Basket

My oldest was holding her Bitty Baby when they arrived and Rebekah was immediately taken with the doll. Boy was she happy to see she got one of her own! Her little sister grabbed up her baby in a big hug and didn't put her down. Rebekah's baby was apparently quite thirsty as she gave her several cups of water. The Bitty animals were a big hit, as were the little purses and bags, hair brush and, of course, all the outfits! Their parents decided they would wait to open some of the boxes until they got home so they wouldn't lose anything.

My girls and their girls had a good time playing with their babies for about an hour. They tried out our Bitty pram, made the babies a meal, took them on a teeter totter ride (child sized, not the retired BT one). Rebekah kept squealing "baby! baby!"

I hadn't spent more than a few minutes with her since she completed treatment. What a difference! She was all smiles and had so much energy! It was a joy to deliver the basket. Thank you everyone!

Donna Cotterman

<font size="4">WONDERFUL!! WONDERFUL!! BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT WAS INVOLVED WITH IS PROJECT!</font>

I belive that Doll Hugs is a success.... will you start collecting again... or is this a one time gift?

Please let us know, when, where, what and who....

BIG HUGS!! ^j^ Mrs.C.

Polly Marie

Thanks for posting the pictures and giving the basket to the girls. It's good to hear of their happiness over the gift. Thanks to the people who put this together, a wonderful project!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This was a great idea. Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make a happy ending possible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Everyone was so generous and supportive! You are all wonderful, wonderful people. I want to say two special thank yous:

First, to Lindsey (randomAGchic) for coming up with this idea and working so hard to pull it off. All I did was mention Rebekah to Lindsey and assemble the basket-- she did all the work. Thank you!

And to the anonymous person who donated the money for the dolls. It would have taken us much, much longer to get the girls their dolls without that amazingly generous contribution. I don't know if you are on this site, but if not I hope Lindsey can pass on the thank you.