Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you have other kinds of dolls (non-AG)... (Semi-OT)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Currently the only other 18in doll I have is a Carpatina Isbael who is now Gwenhyfar from "Mists of Avalon". She interacts with the my AGT25, Morgaine also from 'Mists, quite a bit. In our universe she and Morgaine are both older the most of the AGs, but Morgaine looks much younger because she has the blood of the fairy folk. So sometimes she advises and directs the AG girls, until they get tired of it, that is, lol.

Mainly I play with my American Girls and my Bratz. My Collector Barbies are self-sitters, but I am determinded to give them all unique names. My Bratz girls are just fun to mess around with and for them, since they remake the same characters, there's only one Chloe, but I may have her in ten different styles, so which one is actually used is up to the story and her personality.

Still making my dolly world, but after I get Emily I think I will be getting Carpatina Ana Ming to be Chiyo's (AGT 4, inspired by "Memoirs of a Geisha") older sister. And also her looking older means I can really get into the geisha glam. [img]wink.gif[/img]

thepidget

Wow, what very interesting responses I see here. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Does anyone know how old the Carpatina dolls are supposed to be? I know AG's are technically supposed to be 9-10 years old, but I'm not sure about the Carpatinas. From reading the mini-stories from their catalog, though, I see that they're old enough to have romances...so maybe they're in their mid to late teens or something. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My collection started out backward from many people...I collected my Magic Attic, Ann Estelle (both sizes) and Penney and Friends dolls first. I also have all the Life of Faith dolls. Later, I started collecting the AG accessories for those dolls. Originally I liked the all-vinyl body dolls best, but over time, I came to love the AG's, and now have 5 of them! I packed away my Kish Bitty Bethany, my Gracie doll, and my 18" Ann Estelle several months ago, to see if I would miss them. I haven't, so I'm planning to find new homes for them.

Lin

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 05, 2006 01:39 AM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also collect Chatty Cathy dolls. This was the start of my doll addiction. I just discovered the American Girl dolls this last summer so am relatively new to collecting them but I love them and my family of A/G's is rapidly expanding. They are a little smaller than my Chatty Girls but I have them all standing together. Chatty's are vintage dolls and about 20 inches tall.

Linda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Haha, I've been contemplating this, because I've recently been eyeing a dollfie doll ...

(The specially made Super Dollfies are insanely expensive, and far too rich for my blood, but if you buy a plain dollfie straight off the website with no hair or eyes or anything, they're only about 20 bucks. They're even CHEAPER if you order parts from an American retailer to dress them up!)

Since dollfies are so much smaller than AGs, I could see my dolls poking her and playing with her, but ultamantly giving up and going to do something else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123