Congrats on your new doll! I had to wait awhile to open Harper, as well. To pass the time I made a bunch of stuff for her as Miki suggested. I also decorated her box with signs.
You can see the stuff I made her and the signs by clicking on the albums in my signature.
I made her a Qua'ran (sp), poetry book and prayer mat. The other girls and I spent about a week planning her arrival party, which included learning to swing dance... now THAT was tough to set up! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I also found a treasure box for her and had my grandfather stain it for me. I put some of my girl scout swaps in there and they are now hanging up in her room. My sister made her a lisence plate. I dug up my copy of To Kill a Mockingbird for her to have and printed out her favorite poem. I also updated her blog frequently. That was one of the best parts - recording her adventures. I also think it was fun to make up a story as to why she wasn't here yet. Harper got detained by the Moroccan embassy. Why isn't Violetta at your house yet? Has she been put under an evil curse? Did something go wrong with her plane ticket reservations? (Of course, she is technically in your house, but she's in her box so it doesn't really count.)

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 04, 2006 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Kit, Kat, and Friends ]</font>