Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Carly Jr. Loves Me:
    Hi!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Welcome to the board! Go ahead and make a new thread introduving youself and your doll (or dolls).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HI,

I do not have any of the Scenes & Settings, but I checked a few auctions on Ebay. They are 4'10" wide when open & 2'5" wide when closed. They are 2 feet tall. I would have him hinge it if possible just to make it more compact for storing/putting away. You are very lucky to have someone talented enough to make you a replica. Please share pics [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] when it's completed.

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Gomunk:
    Now, my question is, how big is the scene when it is opened? How do you think it would look completely flat? Should I have him do two pages and then put a hinge on them?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, definitely do that, because it will feel more like a room. You could still maintain the option of opening it flat if you so desired.

My favorite local resale shop had Addy's Scenes tucked in a corner. I nearly walked by...instead I walked out with them, bwahaha. I was surprised by how large they are. Don't have measurements at the moment, but...BIG.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by craftycarol51:
    HI: Believe it or not, the Scenes and Settings just didn't sell. I believe they were around $65 or $75 each when they first came out. AG kept lowering the price until they finally put them on sale for $25 each. I would have loved it if they would have made them for all of the Historical dolls, but I think it would have been way too costly for the Limited Editions.

If your stepdad paints it for you and you have hinges, remember to put something in between to keep the paint from sticking to the other side when you fold it up for storage - especially if it's oil paint.

Can't wait to see a picture of it. Congratulations!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Stepdad? Yeah, one of these days. WHen we left on SUnday I asked him whne he was going ot marry mom, and he said "soon."
    He only uses acrylic paint, so it shouldn't stick, but I'll probably put something between the pages just in case.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HI: Believe it or not, the Scenes and Settings just didn't sell. I believe they were around $65 or $75 each when they first came out. AG kept lowering the price until they finally put them on sale for $25 each. I would have loved it if they would have made them for all of the Historical dolls, but I think it would have been way too costly for the Limited Editions.

If your stepdad paints it for you and you have hinges, remember to put something in between to keep the paint from sticking to the other side when you fold it up for storage - especially if it's oil paint.

Can't wait to see a picture of it. Congratulations!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12