Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Reading all the reviews on the board and seeing item photos make me want to get every new item that comes out. Honestly!

I discovered that if I wait until the next wave of new items, I'm more inclined to not get as many things because I then have more to choose from.

All the photos you all are posting of Emily have me convinced that she'll be my next doll. But then Nicki is coming out in a couple months and I might like her better. So I'm holding off till after Christmas to decide which doll to get. Hopefully, Emily and her accessories won't be backordered.

I already know that I'll get Ruthie though, sight unseen, because Kit is my most complete collection.

Anyone else having a hard time saying no to the new theater seats? the curlicue bed set? Emily's collection? I need every excuse possible to wait.

Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Julia, I hear you. I did get Emily and all her clothes and her sled, but not the stage and theater seats. Nor did I get Molly's/Emily's vanity or chiffarobe, or the "curlicue" daybed. I don't have the "big" items that were introduce with any of the friend dolls - I just don't know where I would store them all! And even though I really want those theater seats, I don't know how many I would get before I stop! All of my girls would want to sit in them, and there is no way I could get enough ! [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's awful! I got the latest catalog and I totalled up over $500.00 in dolls and clothes I "need"!!! I keep telling myself to do it all at once and save shipping. So far I have held off and not ordered YET....I was saving my money for the doll show the 22nd in Columbus, Ohio!!! I keep thinking WHAT IF there are alot of good deals on older AG dolls?
    Paul David Wrightsel
    52 year old Poppa

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, when I look at the pictures online and in the catalogues, I find myself wanting almost everything. But I find that oftentimes when I see something in person I don't want it as much. So recently I made my first trip to an AG Place and found that to be super helpful! I got to see everything in person, and that really helped me decide what items I really do want! I found this to be most helpful with the big items. For example, I absolutely fell in love with Molly's chiffarobe, but I could tell the theater set (although adorable) just wasn't for me.

Unfortunately, I am way too far from an AG Place to restrict myself to doing all my shopping there! And the MCM sale (another great way to see items in person!) only happens once a year! So I am going to have to come up with some new shopping restriction methods... [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Jeanette M.:
    And even though I really want those theater seats, I don't know how many I would get before I stop! [img]eek.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">teehee!! I'm just imagining a whole little theatre set up with like ten rows of 6 seats a side and a centre aisle!! [img]smile.gif[/img] You could put a TV behind a little pair of curtains and play movies for the girls!!

Seriously - My two daughters and I usually love everything produced and want it. Waiting for the next round of things to come out does help because some things get pushed down on the list - but it also feels like we are "getting behind"!! Crazy.
    I am soooooo hoping for a 10% code soon - that's what helps me order only a few times a year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree about waiting to get outfits at AGP if possible. I really wanted a certain outfit a few years ago, but when I saw it there I didn't really like it. Then again, members' home pics don't discourage me much either...
    At my house I'm only allowed to buy 1 doll a year myself, my grandmother buys me one and then I can place a few small orders, and one big one.
    Then again, that was before my mom discovered eBay. Now that I've won Sam's scenes and settings, I'm staying off there until I get everything Emily that I want!!

*AG Star*

Originally posted by Jeanette M.:
    And even though I really want those theater seats, I don't know how many I would get before I stop! All of my girls would want to sit in them, and there is no way I could get enough ! [img]eek.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me too! We're getting old theater seats from our town's movie theatre since they refurbished it, and the doll seats would match perfectly! Also, since we would use the theater seats when my friends come over to put on shows for our parents, we would need theatre seats for all of their dolls, too... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 05, 2006 05:46 PM: Message edited by: *AG Star* ]</font>