Originally posted by happyAGmommykatie:
Hi Katie!

Those outfits and really your whole school plan sounds just wonderful! You are so organized about it and I think it is awesome that each doll is getting a uniform/school outfit of some type.

Did you mention last night that you've got the HH blackboard? It does work extremely well for the 18in dolls and I don't think it looks too youthful for them at all.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your schools once you get everything set up! If you wouldn't mind sharing, what is the link to the store that sells the jumpers for the dolls. I'm interested in getting a jumper for Holly, but I'm not totally gaga over Molly's school outfit.

Before you get an album ready, you may just have to post a new siggy picture--the whole project just sounds so neat!

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The jumpers are from:
http://shop.cloz.com/WebPages/I.aspx?ID=1131. If you don't get the doll jumper page, then click accessories on the left-side menu, then doll jumper. There's no picture of what it looks like but you can see which plaids to pick from. They generally look like the doll jumnpers sold on other sites.
I got the Confetti plaid.
They have a variety of plaids available as well as solid navy. Many other uniform companies sell jumpers but they're usually more expensive because they come with a shirt and maybe a ribbon or something.

The blouses are from:
http://www.jiminees.com/Blouses.htm
I got the Picot trim Peter Pan blouse. They have a selection of blouses with very reasonable prices. However, the shirts for Rebekah and Keren I ordered from Necessary Extras, because I wanted a blue long-sleeved blouse and that was the only place I could find one, and I did think the $9.99 price tag per blouse was a bit steep. But at least I only needed 2. Jiminees had some long-sleeved ones for less, but they didn't have the blue in long-sleeved. The Jewish uniforms are ones I've seen real Orthodox Jewish girls wearing walking to school around the north side of Chicago.

I was also able to purchase 10 pairs of white doll socks on ebay for $12.99.

So a $5 blouse and $12 jumper comes to $17, which is $8 less per uniform than some other sites. So you don't get the matching hairbow or headband, but when you're buying that many uniforms that's quite a bit of money. I can always get (or make) those things later on.

And yes, I do have the Rainbow Activity Board in storage. Unfortunately I live in a 12ft by 16ft studio apartment and I don't really have room to set it up anywhere. I may fold up my futon bed and just line all the girls up and do a school lesson that way for the time being.

I also have some of the doll's schoolbags and dollar Target things but again I don't have room to set all that stuff up. All that stuff is in an offsite storage unit. But as a future teacher and someone who adores school uniforms, I feel like I'm going into the right career!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 07, 2006 12:13 AM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font>