Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I was browsing a website I check out every once in a while, Victorian Papers, to see what stationery they had for sale. Much to my surprise, I found this mini Excavation Kit. The set comes with a brush, wood pick and a block of chalk in which a small artifact has been embedded and is only $4.99.

From what I can guess in the picture, the brush and wood pick would be too big for Jess, even if I did cut the handles shorter. I'm not very familiar with the tools of the trade but could these items be modified for AG dolls or are they too big? Has anyone made some dig tools for their Jess?

Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You could make a set just like that. Find a brush that is the right size, cut and sand a thin dowel stick so it is the correct size. The make the artifact, just find small trinkets that would work for artifacts, and paint them accordingly. Mix plaster of Paris and tempera paint to make your "rock" the rick color. Pour a bit into anything you want toy use as a mold. Once it firms up, add your artifacts, and top with more plaster.
    I think I have a "Kid's Concoctions" book here somewhere with better instructions for the "rock". I will see if I can find it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool idea, American_Mommy. I have a big bucket of plaster of paris but never thought to use it to make an accessory for Jess. Now all I need is some artifacts. What kind of artifacts would Jess find?

Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will not link to it, but go to Google and run an image search for "Belize artifacts" and you will see lots of great examples. [img]smile.gif[/img]