Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a white body Molly that I got from the Goodwill in Ohio. She was in great shape, but I have some questions about her. Her hair is a completely different shade of brown, it's more of an ash (grayish) brown. She is also very soft and skimpily stuffed. It feels like she is stuffed with cotton or some kind of that modern stuffing, like a stuffed animal would have. Where would I find information on the original white body dolls? Is there anyone here that can help answer these questions?
    Also have a white body AG doll and her arms and legs are a pink vinyl that do not match the head. Could this possibly be a swapped doll with a Gotz similar doll? She is just a tad taller than my other AG dolls.
    Last question: Is it true that the first issue white body AG Kirsten has true blonde hair, and not the darker blonde that they all come with now?
    Paul David Wrightsel

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Paul -

I have four white bodied dolls here, so I'll take a stab at answering those questions:

We have two white bodied Molly dolls. The hair color on them is definitely a different shade from the current (Mattel) dolls, although I'm not sure I'd call it grayish brown. The white bodied dolls do have "softer" vinyl in the face, arms and legs. But all four of the white bodied dolls we have here are quite chubby and well stuffed. If the one you have is "wimpy," I would be suspicious that maybe someone restuffed her. Perhaps you could loosen the neck strings and check it out?

The early white bodied Kirsten dolls (we have two) do have a different shade of blond hair than the newer dolls. But if you are referring to a "blond" shade similar to what the new JLY doll has--no, they aren't that color at all.

Linda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would describe WB Molly's hair as more of a grayish brown than the newer Molly's. It could also be that your Molly needs her hair washed if you found her at Goodwill. My old Molly never had a problem fitting into the Mattel clothes. Her body wasn't as thick as some I've seen. My old WB Kirsten was even thinner. I think it just means they've been loved by a child and hugged frequently.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a WB Samantha that I will be giving to my sister for Xmas. Her body is thinner that some of my pre-Mattel dollies, but she still is a cutie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I know what you're talking about. The old Molly wig I put on my made in the USA Molly (aka Maggie) is that greyish color, but considering that that is practically exactly the same color as my hair was at that age, I love it. I've also noticed that older dolls also can seem floppy and squishy if they've been well loved. The more they're hugged and played with, the stuffing collapses and becomes smaller and denser. I have to say I think the oldest Mollys and the newest Mollys are the prettiest (which is why I have twins [img]wink.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not sure about Molly, but it's quite possible that some of her stuffing drifted up into her head, too, especially if she was well-loved. My WB Kirsten is very tightly stuffed....but I'm her only owner, and I never hugged her much, either. [img]frown.gif[/img] She's also pretty thin, but AG admitted in their patterns that there's variations in body size between even their early dolls.

I don't THINK I've ever seen pics of an early Kirsten with "true blonde" hair; I'd say my WB 1989 Kirsten's hair is probably more ashen than the new Kirstens. Check my album for a ton of pics. (Although, it is possible that my Kirsten just needs a good hair washing; I know a member here had a PM Kirsten whose hair got significantly lighter after a shampoo and Downey Dunk! But I rather like her hair more ash-colored, though I suppose I'll have to wash it someday and see what's underneath any grime that may be there.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have 2 WB dolls, 1 Kirsten and 1 Molly. Their hair color is definately different than the current made dolls. Also, I am the original owner of both dolls and neither are very "chubby". They were never hugged much (well loved, but not necessarily hugged), so I don't think they were ever completely "stuffed". I don't have a problem with Mattel clothes fitting either WB doll. They both seem slender in nature.

HopeThisHelps!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 07, 2006 04:26 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a wb Molly and my mom has a wb Sam and also a wb Kirsten (who is actually going to be sold sometime soon.)

My Molly's hair is definitely a nice light shade of brown and Samantha's is as well. Kirsten's hair really doesn't seem to extremely different to me.

The dolls all have that soft squishy vinyl I love, but all of them are stuffed pretty firmly. Kirsten and Molly have almost no face coloring, while Samantha has gorgeous rosy cheeks and lips.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My WB Kirsten's hair is a lighter color than the golden hair of the Mattel Kirstens (and even the later PMs). Molly's and Sam's hair are lighter for WBs too.

If you go to my website (in my signature) you can see comparison charts of all the dolls PM to Mattel (including a separate column for WB) and see comparison pictures. Just click on whatever doll you want to see to bring up her page of comparisons.

The website is due to be updated soon, so the rest of it is kind of in a shambles, but the comparisons part is fine.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's aphoto of my older Molly at AGPLA this summer-you really can see the difference in hair color and texture,too.
    Miss Molly