Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know this may sound like a silly question, but I would appreciate any information you could pass along to me. I know the numbers on the back of the necks can be a signature of sorts, but how do I know if I have a signed doll? Also when did the neck strings change from the thick white to the thinner version? Thanks so much!

horselvr2

Well, If this was one of your questions....you know if you have an artist mark on your doll if it has this little checked thing, w/ an "e" by it. It is behind the ear, or around that area. My PM Molly, and my Emily have it, but I'm not sure if any of my other dolls have it...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I addition to dolls that have what is often called the artist mark behind the ear, there are also dolls that are signed by Pleasant Rowland. These have her signature across the torso and are usually numbered (they orriginally came with a certificate of authenticity as well). I have also heard that Pleasant would sign girls dolls if asked, so these would not have the numbers.

As far as the neck strings, I am not sure when they changed. I have a white bodied Kirsten that had flat strings (unfortunately these broke during a restringing operation). I also have dolls with the thicker round cords as well as the current thinner ones.