Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I think I'm leaning towards JLY 8 (red hair with bangs, green eyes, light skin). Anyone have pictures or comments on her? How do you like her hair? My sister had the girl with brown hair (bangs)/brown eyes and the girl with light blond hair(no bangs)/blue eyes, and the first girl's hair was much better. It was longer and heavier and stayed nicer. She got her several years ago, however, so is this comparison still true?

Thanks again,
    Lindsey [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ October 09, 2006 04:43 PM: Message edited by: randomAGchic ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ October 09, 2006 05:09 PM: Message edited by: randomAGchic ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 09, 2006 06:22 PM: Message edited by: randomAGchic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have a #21, and I would say that her hair is the frizziest of all of our girls. Now, I'm not sure if it is the hair in particular, or some contributing factors...she is the favorite girl, and has been for years, so her hair sees more action than the other ones. She is also an MCM girl - so perhaps her hair wasn't in as wonderful shape to begin with. I've seen other 21's with great hair - but our Amy is not one of 'em! HTH

Edited to add that we also have #24, and she has beautiful hair - but she is also new as of this summer. Her hair just seems silkier than #21.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 09, 2006 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Momtoatrio ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would have to agree about #21. Even with minimal play, her hair seems to frizz plus it really doesn't lend itself to be loose and flowing because the wig is made to have the pigtails. I find her hair to be the hardest to look good.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I have 21 and 8. My 21 looks great with all different hairstyles, but then again, a little frizz doesn't bother me a bit. I think her curls are just gorgeous. 8 I got at MCM this year, and green eyes or no, I took one look at her and she was my little Anne of Green Gables. I absolutely love her! She looks good in everything because even though her hair is definitely red, the undertones are brown.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you (or anyone) have any pictures of her in the petals and plaid outfit?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

sorry! I don't even have the petals and plaid outfit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's fine- your comment on her hair color is extremely helpful to me- thank you! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the girls with bangs definitely have the best hair!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have/had her. She's PM, though, and I got her in 1997.

I got her when I was 11, I think, and her hair was very auburn, even then. I purchased Felicity in 2004, and decided my AGT8 needed a new wig, that was actually red (I'm a huge fan of red hair), as it was the same color as Felicity's, and I didn't want 2 dolls with that same auburn color. So I rewigged her with a carrot red wig, gave her freckles, and earrings, and now she's one of my favorite-favorites, and I definitely think she's my cutest.

I can post pics of her in the Petals and Plaid, though she really doesn't look a whole lot like the AGT8 you'd get from AG. I can also post pics of it on Felicity, who should look a great deal like an AGT8 direct from AG (auburn hair, green eyes, though no bangs).

In any event, I'd assume she has the bright, neon green eyes that all of the green eyed dolls have. Have you seen them in person? Personally, I like them a lot (I have 3 dolls with them, so it'd be hard to dislike them [img]wink.gif[/img] ), but most people here seem to dislike them.

The only Mattel AGTs I have are Raven (AGT28, so really not comparable hair), and AGT10, who was purchased at MCM, and given the Meet outfit she came in, was probably from 2002-2003. Her hair is very nice: thick, and easy to play with.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've seen the green eyes in person, adn I think they're beautiful. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

That would be great if you could post pics of Felicity in the petals and plaid outfit- that would help me a lot. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

I love red hair and green eyes- I have brown hair with a slightly reddish tone and hazel eyes, so I'm hoping that maybe something dramatic will happen. LOL. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast