Thread: A couple of things I just don't get...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just wish AG's prices would make logical sense!

It amazes me how sometimes a 22 dollar outfit can include shoes, socks, the whole nine yards (like Kit's School Dress or the Jitterbug) or nothing really (Kirsten, Molly's or Samantha's) dress.

Or how some AGOT outfits are only 2-4 dollars different, but include similar pieces to it. Such as the Tunic outfit and Coconut's play, while some are 28 for a similar amount of pieces. I wish there was consistency in their prices. Some seem like such good deals with the amount of things you get-while others, well...don't.

I also wish that Felicity had different colors for her wardrobe. It bothers me so much because everything she has seem to clash with her hair or her green eyes. (Hence, why she usually wear's Elizabeth's clothes). She needs more greens, browns, golds, beigh in her clothes. I find that at least with me, the blue and pink, and red seem to really clash with her hair and eyes. I like the tea dress and the rose garden. But she spends more time homemade brown dresses.

It was two things that I noticed recently!

-Jordyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with the thing about Felicity's dresses. I really love her riding habit because it actually looks good with her coloring, but the other dresses just don't do much for her. Perhaps it's a historical thing? Maybe they didn't wear those colors or prints in her era?

Greta

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've heard that said a lot about Felicity's clothes, and I may be in the minority, but I think most of her outfits look really nice on her. Besides the two you mentioned, I also love her bright blue Christmas dress on her - the rich blue looks lovely with her red hair. Her pink birthday dress is actually one of my favorite outfits; I like the dusty pink color on her and I actually like it with her hair, though initially I didn't think I would. I think her summer dress is beautiful on her too. I do think she needs another dark green dress - I love the color of her green riding habit since it sets off her eyes so well, but I really don't like the style of the outfit or the insanely thick and scratchy wool. A dress similar to her Christmas gown only in dark green silk...that would be gorgeous!

I completely agree about the pricing. I don't get how they can charge $28 for, say, Josefina's herb gathering outfit, which is nothing but a shawl and a couple of accessories, and then charge only $22 for Kit's complete school outfit with socks and shoes! [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree about the unfairness in pricing when you compare what is included in the outfits.
    Did you see that the newest Today or JLY doll's meet outfit only has 3 pieces but is priced the same as the previous meet outfit which had 6 pieces (socks & shoes, jacket & tshirt etc.)
    I think the colors of Felicity's clothing may have been taken from Historical information about what was worn at the time.
    I doubt whether Elizabeth's pink riding outfit is Historically correct, though. My guess that Mattel was trying to please little girls love of pink when they designed that outfit.
    What do you think?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree about historical colors. But I would think at least brown would be semi-common. *shrugs* I don't think the pink on Elizabeth's dress was though.

-Jordyn