Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We had a similair situaion where they wanted the item shipped out of the country. We did it, guess what, they then reported to paypal and their credit card company that the charge was fradulent. We were out our item and even though we had already transferred the money out of our account we were still responsible to pay paypal back the $500 plus. It got to the point where they threatened us with collections. Unless you ship to the address that is confirmed through paypal you are not covered under their protection.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's how much I don't know, wow.
    I never new this stuff went on with paypal. I have heard of buying something, sending the wrong amount and asking for a refund, then the original check turns out to be bad.
    This is a heads up for all of us, thanks for the information.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, thank you. I emailed him and told him I wouldn't do it and will offer the item to the 2nd highest bidder. And even if it wasn't a scam I never said I would ship out of the USA and it would be inconvenient to me to try and figure it all out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a few loyal customers in Germany and throughout the world. I ship to them, but have not limited my shipping to the US. They is no protection if you ship overseas if they use paypal. I have many people send me money orders and cash from overseas and once they clear (the money orders) I will ship. So far I have had no problems. Canada is very quick to be received and often I will ship there with no problems.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

I would say 99.5% a scam-especially seeing Nigeria. Follow paypals rules closely-only ship to Confirmed addresses with trackable shipping-or you can be in real trouble. I sold a Madeline Dollhouse several years ago-and even talked to the woman on the phone-then about a month later-it was charged back to me through paypal saying that the credit card had been stolen that was used on the purchase. How can you buy a MADELINE DOLLHOUSE with a stolen credit card. forums If I had not been able to prove that I shipped to a confirmed address-as well as provide tracking information-I would have been out several hundred dollars. I learned my lesson-and was very lucky-and will no ONLY ship to confirmed US addresses. forums

I know that I always get those emails from people wanting to send to a Nigerian friend or cousin when we are selling computers. After the computer is shipped-then suddenly the funds are no good. So, they get a free computer-or whatever else you send them. forums Paypal has no problem reversing the charges on you and taking it out of your account-even a month or two later-surprise! forums Just be very careful-and play by both paypal and ebays rules for your own protection.

Allison

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I?m living in Germany, and since many auctions state "US only", if I really want an item, I sometimes write to the seller and ask if they?d consider shipping to me. I do that before I place a bid, and if they say no, I respect that - if they will ship to me, I appreciate it even more.

At the same time, there are many scammers about, even if a buyer has positive feedback he may be using a hijacked account so you really can?t be careful enough. Especially Nigeria is unfortunately such a breeding ground for scammers it sets my alarm bells ringing just hearing the name of the country.

As for how he could be scamming you if he is paying you by paypal, someone explained it in a different forum recently this way:

What happens is that either you ship it before it's paid for and you never get money or they'll be like "okay I owe this guy $5000 so I will send you a check/western union/thingy for $6000 and you will deposit it and then can you give this guy $5000 and you can keep the rest."
    So you write the check out to the guy and then it turns out that the check you deposited bounces and you are out $5000. ... Even if you get payment I would wait until you find out from ebay how to approach this one because there is always the option to reverse payment through Paypal. However there are also things now such as fake money orders and the like as well. Such things that don't even post that they are false until around three weeks AFTER they clear to your bank account, further screwing you out of money....
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My advice is that if he?s really willing to pay the 211$ shipping charge, he?s also willing to wait till the payment has cleared and can?t be reversed. When you?ve got your money and can be sure you keep it, ship the item. (If possible to them in the US).

If he is really an honest buyer who just happens to be from Nigeria or have a friend there, he will understand your situation and will be willing to wait (I think the time period for paypal chargebacks is 4 weeks or so).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12