Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AG magnetic mini dolls on amazon-best friends preview?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

The magnetic mini doll sets are up on amazon. All 8 characters have a magnetic mini doll set with a friend doll. I wonder if these will be the friends for the rest of the dolls if friends and movies are done for them. No descriptions have been written up yet.

The friends in the sets are:
    Kaya and Speaking Rain
    Felicity and Elizabeth
    Josefina and CLARA(not Mariana [img]frown.gif[/img] )
    Kirsten and Singing Bird
    Addy and Sarah
    Samantha and Nellie
    Kit and Ruthie
    Molly and Emily

Click below to see.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1/...20world&page=1

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 21, 2006 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font>

Inactive Member QueenNellieElizabeth's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It allmost looks like it. I hope so, because then we know all the friends!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They look to me like the paper dolls that came with friends. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is really interesting! Thanks for posting Katie. One thing that I noticed is which outfits the best friends are in. Emily is in her Meet dress, as is Elizabeth. Nellie's isn't exact, but similar. I wonder if the outfits in the play sets will mirror the doll's collections.

If so, then Sara will get her green dress and Ruthie will get her purple and yellow dress. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope it's not true, because I really wanted Lisbeth to be Kirsten's friend doll. [img]frown.gif[/img]

iheartAG

I disagree with samo22, I don't think AG would make a sister/cousin doll. Maybe AG is still trying to think of what doll to give Kirsten. My guesses are Singing Rain or Mary. And for Josefina, I hope it's not Clara. I hope it's Mariana!

Edited to add: When I say 'sister' I'm not counting Kaya, because Singing Rain is not really her sister.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 21, 2006 10:11 PM: Message edited by: iheartAG ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by iheartAG:
    I disagree with samo22, I don't think AG would make a sister/cousin doll. Maybe AG is still trying to think of what doll to give Kirsten. My guesses are Singing Rain or Mary. And for Josefina, I hope it's not Clara. I hope it's Mariana!

Edited to add: When I say 'sister' I'm not counting Kaya, because Singing Rain is not really her sister.

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ November 21, 2006 10:11 PM: Message edited by: iheartAG ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just to let you know-Kaya's blind sister is named Speaking Rain and Kirsten's Native American friend is named Singing Bird.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 21, 2006 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think they're our best guesses for best friends, but we still don't know, obviously. I will not be surprised if Mariana is not Josefina's friend, since the word is the Native American dolls don't sell well, and I believe Mariana is just that. (Plus I think she only appeared in one book, even if she was supposed to be Josefina's best friend.) I was surprised to see AG admit that Clara might be the choice though!

I like Singing Bird as Kirsten's best friend (now that I'm used to the idea, since she was only in a couple books). Much better than Mary! And it would be very interesting to hear about her culture. But I probably wouldn't buy her...maybe a mini doll. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I had the impression that the pictures are sort of whatever art AG had laying around, as much as possible. But I always picture Ruthie in that yellow dress so I hope that's what she's wearing!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really don't want to see them use close relatives as friend dolls. The idea of the friends is to create a contrast to the main character. Clara's life wouldn't be terribly different from Josefina, and the same goes for Kirsten and her cousins.

All of the friend dolls so far offer a different point of view of the time period: poor-rich, Loyalist-Patriot, British homefront-American homefront

Ruthie's contrast is that her family has not lost money as Kit's has.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by iheartAG:
    Edited to add: When I say 'sister' I'm not counting Kaya, because Speaking Rain is not really her sister.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, Speaking Rain really IS Kaya's sister. Her place in Kaya's family is analgous to an adopted child in our culture. Her mother and Kaya's mother were very close friends since childhood and they both had daughters near the same time. But when Speaking Rain was a baby, her parents died (I forget how her mum died, but her dad was killed while hunting, I think), and Kaya's parents took her as their own child.

I would say that the reason Mariana wasn't chosen for Josefina is that she was only really featured in one book, but I would have said the same thing about Emily! Perhaps Clara was chosen because she's the closest in age to Josefina of all the girls in the household? And their personalities are somewhat complementary, though Josefina is a bit more lively.

Then again, that doesn't explain Kirsten and Singing Bird - Lisbeth or Mary would also have been valid choices! Maybe they just didn't want to do more than two Indian best friends? Or maybe if they use Clara, they'll have a reason to make lots more clothes for Josefina. If they made Mariana, you couldn't share the clothes as easily.

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

(edited because I got mixed up on Speaking Rain and Singing Bird's names, too! and Kaya's books are my favorite....eep!)

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 22, 2006 03:50 AM: Message edited by: keristars ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast