Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm in the middle of reading a fictional book about the Underground Railroad, and now I'm finding I want to reread Addy's stories. Oh dear...that could lead to wanting my own Addy! My mom has a really nice, cuddly Addy from '93 that I always played with when I was still living at home.

I did buy Addy's striped dress when it was marked way down. It's so pretty! It appealed to me much more in person. I intially ordered it because it was so cheap.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Addy is a great doll. I got her as a child the year she was released just because she was so different than the other dolls and had earrings..lol. She's so snuggly and soft.

Addy has a beautiful wardrobe, too. I love her school dress and birthday one especially.

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with you both--Addy is adorable! I am not planning to get her for a while however because my DD is only 4 and I'm afraid that Addy's hair might suffer from a young overenthusiastic hairstylist. But once DD is older, Addy will join our Pleasant Family.

In the meantime, I've been enjoying getting a few of Addy's outfits. I am thrilled because I got the Cape Island dress and it is so pretty. The striped dress is much cuter in person than on the computer and I love the snood with the birthday dress. I'm planning on getting the school outfit and the work outfit too. I thought Nellie might look cute in the work outfit, based on some of the illustrations of her clothes in Samantha's books...

Maybe someone will see this and post a few pictures of their sweet Addy!

What book are you reading Angiebelle?

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yup, the striped dress is a keeper! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] IMO it's one of the prettiest things AG ever made.

PA010058

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Addy is very very cute!!! I?m in love with her too.

happyAGmommykatie - don?t worry, Addy?s hair is very sturdy. I rewigged mine, but that was only because her previous owner had it cut so short and so uneven that I couldn?t do anything to save it.
    The discarded wig, now known as "The Tribble" has become a very popular cat toy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love, love, love Addy! Her hair is a lot less fragile than I expected and is fun to style. You can do anything with it, and it stays in the style. It tangles a little more easily, but if you use a pick, it's very easy to manage. Don't pass on Addy because of fear of her hair--it's great!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

EleanorofAquitane, your Addy is BEAUTIFUL! I have a renewed interest in her, too!

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Eleanor, thank you for the cute Addy picture!

I'm glad to hear that all of you feel Addy's hair is pretty sturdy. There are just so many cute dolls to choose from--my list is ever changing...

Also, JemimaPotts, LOL regarding Addy's old wig as your cat's toy--oh my gosh that is quite a mental picture to imagine!

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You need to read Addy's books. They're one of the best sets of books in the series.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the compliments on my Addy...I love her!

Her books really are wonderful. DD-7 read them last year, and they were her introduction to slavery and the Civil War. She borrowed a My America series on that era from the library recently, and last night she asked if my Addy could read them with her. Addy was happy to oblige, although her hoop skirt kept getting in the way!

If you have an interest in Addy, do collect her things now even if you haven't found your own Addy doll to bond with. Her items seem to be fading away. [img]frown.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 23, 2006 12:21 AM: Message edited by: EleanorofAquitane ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast