Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Color me nostalgic OR Who was your First Doll?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

El-Bee, my Target Our Generation brunette, was my first doll. She is still with me and will be with me for a long time...

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't really remember my first doll. I know I had the requisite 80s dolls. I think I had a Tiny Tears, I know I had a Baby Alive (my dad liked her more than me, he thought the gross out factor was cool). I think my mom said I had a Fisher Price Jenny doll. I had Cabbage Patch Kids, too. My best childhood toy companion, besides Kirsten, was/is a stuffed animal monkey with long long arms and legs and bean bag hand and feet. My grandmother gave him to me because she used to call me her "little monkey." He could wrap around my neck and waist and hug me. (gee I must have been pretty skinny back then!!!). He still sleeps on my bed and goes everywhere overnight with me. My grandmother always remarks "You still have him?!" Of course I do! He's in well-well-loved condition, but he's my favorite of all my animals.

horselvr2

My first doll was a barbie I think? Or a baby doll? I'm not sure because I was like 2 years old.

But my first 18" doll was a tolly tots doll from target, when I was 10 years old.

And I also got my first AG doll when I was 10 years old too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow great thread! I love taking trips down memory lane! I remember my older sisters had "Revlon" and "Pilar". I am the youngest.

My most memorable part of childhood was in Munich, Germany (ages 5-8), as I am an "Army Brat"(Father in Service)

I remember I was 6 when I got a big "walking doll" with lovely brown ringlets. My mom used to always sew her clothes and make her beautiful bedding.

When I came back to the states, I got my first AA doll, which was a baby doll. I remember the first doll that I saved to get and purchased was "Penny Brite". I was about 9 or so then. Everything else was Barbie.

I got my first AA Barbie doll when I was 13 or 14. Her name was Christy. I also got the "Julia" AA Barbie doll; who was made after the Dianne Carol later 60's early 70's sitcom. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 24, 2006 05:56 PM: Message edited by: prasnlrd ]</font>

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cherry,

This is a wonderful thread, thank you for starting it!

I am not sure if this counts or not, but the first dolls I remember playing with are my mother's three beloved Toni dolls--a brunette, a blonde and one with ash blonde hair--which she saved from her childhood and allowed me to start playing with when I was three years old. My mom allowed my babysitter Laura to get the dolls down from the high shelf in the closet in my room whenever she came over to entertain me as a special treat.

Oddly enough, I have no recollections at all of my mom playing dolls with me ever, but my memories of Laura are quite vivid. Once I got old enough, my mom let me and my friends play with the Toni dolls all the time and we combined them in our games with the 8 in MA's for numerous hours of creative play. Hence, my decision to collect the AG's for my DD!

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, I loved Penny Brite too! How could I have forgotten about her?? I had the neatest Penny Brite hair salon playset for her that was so much fun.

I also had a "Hi Heidi" doll that would wave when you pressed a button in her tummy. Heidi was smaller than the 8" Ginny dolls that I also dearly loved.

I guess I have always been a 'doll person' [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My first ag was Josie and i got her when I was 9.My first doll was like a ...baby...blond blue eyes...hair cut...Momma NO I didn't mean to!!...Monsters...Luanna!!!keep me safe...blast from the past!!WHOA!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Those matching mother-daughter dresses are so cute! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I don't remember what my first jointed doll was, but it was probably I Barbie when I was 5 or 6. I'm pretty sure that was the only Barbie I've ever had.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123