Thread: American Girl Microwave that I made!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I created my very own Microwave out of a cardboard box. I covered it with thick white paper, cut out foam for the buttons, and there was already a square cut out, and I covered it from the inside with saran wrap so it looks like a clear viewing area... Haha, another thing I wish I could show you pictures of, but you're going to have to wait! LOL! It's a really fun craft, though!

Mindy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cardboard box doll furniture is as old as Molly! I have a Make It book from the 1950's that gives detailed instructions for turning an oatmeal box into a doll cradle. It would probably work great for Baby Polly.

When I found out how expensive kitchen appliances were on ebay, I made a sink with a counter out of a box and turned a white AG doll box into a refigerator. It's definitely fun. Wish you would post pictures soon!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hehehe, refrigerator is my next uptaking... Actually, I tried to make an oven, but I accidentally got a little scissor-happy [img]tongue.gif[/img] Gonna try to work that out tonight though! LOL!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    WHAT!!!!!...No [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] PICTURES!!! [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] ....ooooooo...VICIOUS!!!!HA!!!

Thanks for this post!! What an excellent idea. I am planning on making my morsels a Plasma TV for Christmas and this sounds like an answer.

Boop015(Betty) already gave me the idea to use a clear CD or DVD cover with my selected picture in it for the screen. Now your cardboard microwave enlcosure sounds like the key to making my screen casing/enclsoure! THANKS!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

BTW:
    I won't be "vicious" and will post pictures...<font color="red">...mwahahahaha....</font>...sorry [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Grrr! LOL!
    But, to be fair, I WILL have pictures on Sunday [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

I made a TV, too... Not my greatest work, it's simply a black square glued onto a smaller box with black buttons and a picture, but I think it does its job! LOL.

So there [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Haha

Mindy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is what my kitchen looked like.

Finuviel

Finuviel, my grandmotherly Kinser baking gnome, spent a lot of time in her kitchen. Like my grandmother did. She welcomed back Mellon, one of my Kinser Louie Louie bears, who went all the way to York, England and then came home because her prospective new family didn't care for her. Poor Mellon.

://photobucket.com/" target="_blank">Finuviel002</a>

She definitely needed a hug. And as my grandmother always did, Finuviel solved the sad feelings with a warming meal and good company.

Finuviel001

The cardboard fixtures are the sink and the refrigerator. The sink is covered with sticky drawer liner and has pretend delft tiles designed for use in a dollhouse as a counter top. I didn't do anything permanent to the doll box because I knew I'd want to use it again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wowww that's so cute!!!
    I aspire to have a whole kitchen one day

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

MINDY!!! [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] You are being secretive about this microwave ANNNND!!!...the 60's doll! No Fair!....Waaaaaaaaaa... [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] So When Will You Reveal all?...Hmmmm?.. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mindylane, that's a great idea! And Sakurako, wow, what a beautiful setup! I never knew cardboard could look so good! Well, OK, actually, Robin's cardboard doll cabinets are pretty good, but I didn't know it could be so versatile!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hehehheheheheh
    It is alll a big surprise [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Actually, I'll have pictures on Sunday!! YAYAYA

Mindy