Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

AG Seamstress wrote: "Just make sure you put that request on your hospital admission form, and also on a seperate note attached to the doll."

My daughter's Nellie will be admitted to the AG Hospital at AGPLA next week. Both of us are afraid about the outcome and so when I noticed AG Seamstress' words (quoted above) in another post about head replacement, I decided to ask for your tips on how to have your doll's hospital visit be a success.

My dd is already concerned about what to write on the admission sheet. She is concerned (as am I) that Nellie will come back with a new head, when really she just needs help with her one eye. (Nellie's eyelashes don't work on one eye)

So -- knowing that there are many of you who have experience with the AG hospital experience, may I ask you to please post your top 10 hospital admission tips and suggestions for a good outcome.

Thanks!

Kelli

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was lazy and only wrote "please fix silver eye and no plastic tie" on the comments on the downloadable form. I wrapped it inside with the doll, inside the bubble wrap and sent her UPS. I sent her on Thursday and got her back the next Thursday. That was 2 weeks ago.

I didn't even tie a note to her wrist. They braided her hair again and she looks like new.

Brenda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This might sound a little crazy to you but when I don't want my doll's head replaced I take it off and mark the underside of the base of her head with an inkpen. Just a tiny mark. It can be removed later with Oxy10 if it bothers you. That's the only for sure way I know that a Mattel head hasn't been replaced. PM dolls are more obvious.

I always include a note saying that I want only the eyes replaced. I also state that I want the neckstrings to remain intact. I've never had a bad experience with the doll hospital. They've always done as I asked.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No doubt you already know most of this, but here goes..

* The best hospital tip, IMO, is avoid it if you can. Make absolutely sure it is not a repair you can do at home. I like to fix lashes with Ducco Cement and a fine needle. -BUT I can understand why you would want your daughter's beloved playmate factory perfect and ready for play. No doubt good lashes would hold up better than repaired lashes.

*I LOVE Princess_Kailey's tip about marking the head! GREAT idea. I will do that next time. [img]smile.gif[/img]

*REQUEST a neck string OVER AND OVER if it matters to you. This request seems to be overlooked pretty often.
    *If you ONLY want the eyes changed, stress it again and again on the admission form.
    * CALL the hospital and have them note your account with the special request too.
    * Make SURE you include a phone numbers- home, work and cell if possible, and make sure they know it is FINE for them to call you any time.-They are usually TERRIFIC about communicating to make sure everything goes perfectly.

1.) Make two copies of the hospital admission form. Take one of them, fold it into fourths-ink side in, and use a rubberband to hold it around your dolly's torso.

2.) Make a name tag on an index card that includes your name, phone number and instructions. Punch a hole in the corner, and fasten it around her wrist .Make sure the ink is not touching your doll- I like to put a strip of packing take over the writing for safe measure.

3.) I like to pull my dolls hair up so that the hair does not tangle with the eye lashes during shipment.

4.) Slide your dolly into a soft, white pillowcase (or home made dolly sack). This will protect her from rubbing against the inside of the box and packaging materials.

5.) Make sure you place your girl in the box face up, so her eyes are closed.Once you package around her carefully, her eyes are not likely to come open, even when the box is flipped around during transit.

6.)Make sure you include a second copy of the admission form in the box. HIGHLIGHT special request.I always include an extra letter stapled to the form, thanking them for taking care of my dolly, and mentioning any special request one more time.

7.) Let your daughter include a special note or drawing- It can't hurt for them to know how much Nellie matters to her Mommy.

8.) INSURE, INSURE, INSURE! When you mail her, make sure you get insurance, AND if it is USPS, I always add delivery confirmation too. Don't forget to get a tracking number so you can keep up with Nellie on her travels.

9.) CALL AG and ask them to please note your account with the special request.

10.) Watch the tracking number. Once she has been delivered, wait a few days and call again if you need to. Obviously, there is not need to call them to the point of being annoying (as tempting as it is when our dollys are away and their little Moms are worried.) But call if you need to- sometimes it puts little minds at rest (And big ones too!). If you call after she is fixer, they can give you a tracking number so you will know when to expect her home.

* To help your daughter pass the time:

*Make Get Well cards.
    *Bake Sculpey cookies
    *Give Samantha extra attention
    *Read Nellies book again
    *Watch the Samantha movie
    *Plan a homecoming party

I wish you and your little one the best while waiting for Nellie to rturn.I know what a hard wait it is. GOOD LUCK!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 26, 2006 06:39 AM: Message edited by: American_Mommy ]</font>