Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been thinking of buying Nellie for a long time because I like how unique she looks and her time period. I would certainly buy Samantha's dresses for her.

However, recently I've been thinking that I might like to have Samantha more. All my dolls have blonde or red hair and blue eyes. I've never had one with brown hair and brown eyes. Also, I would be buying Samantha's clothes anyways.

If you have both Samantha and Nellie, which one would you recommend? I've never had an AG with the new facemold and short hair, which is why Nellie appeals to me. But I also would like to have a brunette for once. Opinions? If you could have just one, which would you choose?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would rather have Samantha. She was my first doll, so I am a bit biased, but I really, really love her. Her hair is very nice and easy to style. I find Nellie's hair to be a bit... difficult. This may just be my Nellie, but the length of her hair makes it difficult for me to keep her hair neat.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have Nellie and I love her! But I like her character better. (Also, my good friend has Samantha, so it makes sense for me to have her doll's friend. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] )

Have you read the books? If so, one of the girls may appeal to you more than the other, and you can choose accordingly. I don't think you'll regret having either, but if you think you want Samantha, she really is lovely. And HOORAY for brown-hair/brown-eye combinations! [img]smile.gif[/img] (I'm biased towards that since that's what I have, although my dolls both have blue eyes...how odd...)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you'd like to try dark hair and brown eyes and short hair and the Josefina face mold get #28!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Right now I'm leaning towards Samantha. I like her meet outfit more than Nellie's even though everyone else seems to hate it. And it would be nice to collect frilly, dressy outfits after years of Kirsten's plain cotton pioneer dresses. Not that I have anything against her dresses, but a little variation never hurt.

I'm still thinking it over though. I would love to hear more thoughts on this.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 26, 2006 07:26 PM: Message edited by: lalame2 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm a Samantha fan personally. She is just too cute!

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi!

I got Nellie a few months ago after I decided to return Jess, since I just didn't bond with her at all, and I have been quite happy with Nellie. I adored Samantha's stories when I was younger and I really liked the Samantha movie too. Nellie's whole orphan story is so compelling--I just had to get her! I agree that Nellie's hair is a bit messy for some reason...I wish it was about 3/4 of an inch longer, then maybe it would be easier to style.

Now I am rereading all of Samantha's books in anticipation of purchasing her sometime soon. I would suggest that you read both Nellie's book and the Samantha books if you've got the time because this may influence your decision as to whom to get first.

I had decided to try to hold off on getting Samantha in case my DD might want to get her someday, but since DD is only 4, some wonderful enablers here have posted such cute Samantha pictures that I've been persuaded not to wait--we can always have 2 Samantha's someday right?

I got #24 to be Bridget and Emily is coming as a Christmas gift to be renamed Jenny, so Samantha will be the last of the sisters to join the family.

Maybe Ria and Joyfulone (Morgan) and some of the other HBers with lovely Samantha's will see this and enable you too!

HTH's!

Katie