Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I got a Pre-Mattel Kirsten off of eBay, and she just arrived today.. Her hair was cut, and I bought her a replacement wig. However, when I opened up the box, I saw that she had had silver eye!!! If I decide to send her back to American Girl, will I get a new Kirsten, or not, because her hair has been cut? And, if I do send her back, will I have to pay for a new head?

Thanks!
    Mindy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I believe they will replace the entire head for free because of the silver eye, regardless of the hair.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

I would guess that if you just ask them to fix the silver eye, you will get the same head back. I was hoping I'd get a new head when I sent Akiyo in last August because her hair was a mess but all they did was brush it out. If you would LIKE to have the hair fixed as well, you'll probably have to request and pay for a new head.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmm...
    this leads me to another dilemma... since she's Pre-Mattel, she has the soft eyelashes which are so nice [img]frown.gif[/img] and her eyes and mouth are such beautiful colors. I guess I shall think about this

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You will definitely lose the soft lashes if you get her fixed. Also the new eyes are bigger than the PM ones. I was shocked when Keiko came back (with her original head, thank heavens) because she looked so strange. I finally figured out that she had the new hard eyelashes and the eyes were much larger than they had been originally.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/drakehil..._into_my_eyes?

I just took some photos for you. Don't know if you can see the eyelashes and I've elongated both Keiko's and Midori's eyes with paint, but Keiko (no lipstick) had her eyes replaced due to silver eye and Midori didn't. They are both 1st generation AGTs from 1995.