Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who doesn't want HB to move?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

I know that there have been problems with HB over the past few months, but I am really sad to see the entire board move. [img]frown.gif[/img] I do go over to the AG Playthings board occasionally, and it's a great board, but the main reason I prefer HB over AGP is the format in which the posts are presented. I like the simplicity over here. I've gotten used to it. I'm also concerned that moving to Proboards will diminish the individuality of both boards. Couldn't the new board continue as a trial, while not closing this one, and then let members vote after an amount of time (like a month or two) on which format they prefer? Don't we members have any say in this decision?

~Dee

Inactive Member ElizabethLover101's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I too, am also sad to see this board move. I just registered on the other one, but it is not the same. I have gotten used to this one and all of my posts I have done [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm also sad about HB moving. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with the 2 of you. I wish it would stay right here also. I just registered on the new site.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Aww, I'll miss HB, too. I don't like familiar things to change, either. We aren't moving because HB has problems so much as because we are part of the problems for HB. This board has grown so big it somehow discombobulates their server. Sorry to use such a technical term [img]wink.gif[/img] but you get the gist.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Were we asked to move by HB because of our size?

~Dee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, we weren't asked to move, they have always been really nice and helpful. My understanding is that HB has been down doing something with bandwidth and separately, I have heard that we use a lot of their bandwidth...or something like that. I only want to drive the car, not understand how a combustion engine works. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Other than having the same server, AGFMB and AGPT will both retain their unique-ness. We do more back-and-forth chat and they have a wealth of resources with not as much talk. We do not intend to split up into many smaller boards nor provide the information AGPT does.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We weren't asked to move, but our size is huge for HB. HB has become unrealiable for us, and it's so slow. We weren't even sure it would ever come back this time. We are not going to try to be like AGPlaythings which is a finely crafted resource and very nicely organized. We are going to try to make our Proboards AGFMB as much like this one as possible - a fast moving, long conversation where everyone is in the general board.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am a little sad, too.

We just opened the new board this afternoon and we already have 103 members signed on. It is great to be able to visit with all our friends again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm really sad we're moving [img]frown.gif[/img] . I actually got really annoying having to only go to AGPlaythings because I hate the format (no offence to the creators of Playthings) with all the having to open the different sub-boards and the more complicated format. And I'm on a laptop so when I open a link on proboards a thing always pops up asking if I want to stay offline or whatever because my internet connection goes on and off a lot. It doesn't happen on Hostboard at all. Oh, and I haven't been able to get to my e-mail for some reason for months so I wont be able to sign up until I'm able to go on my dad's computer. I just wish all of this never happened... [img]frown.gif[/img] (Ok, I've now pretty much convinced myself I have no life [img]tongue.gif[/img] . I need to get a new hobby or something.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast