Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who doesn't want HB to move?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I'm sorry we have to move. I will SO miss my roses! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

But as the others have said, HB is really unreliable and we're taxing their server. But once you get used to ProBoards, you'll probably find it has some advantages! I've already noticed the speed; threads load SO much faster! It's also great to be able to just click on the word "New" and (in theory, at least) only see the posts you haven't read!

It's so much work to move in-between boards, I'm afraid I can't imagine us moving back here later. [img]frown.gif[/img] BUT, I'd be happy to help anyone with any questions they have on the new board! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

(Just getting those out of my system; sorry [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by vicky94:
    I'm really sad we're moving [img]frown.gif[/img] . I actually got really annoying ... with all the having to open the different sub-boards and the more complicated format.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Vicky, we are keeping the same main discussion thread concept on our new AGFMB that we had here. We are not creating little sub-boards, but will have archive areas where old threads will be stored so they will not clutter up the main board. I know change can be difficult, but hopefully, the new board should feel very similar to this one. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

And the most important part of any board is the people you will find there. Of all the 100+ people who registered during the first 12 hours after we opened the board, all but a small handful are members right from HB. It is great to see so many friends there!

And Julie, I will certainly miss the roses, too! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

*hugs*
    Jeanette

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ December 02, 2006 02:00 AM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by vicky94:
    I'm really sad we're moving [img]frown.gif[/img] . I actually got really annoying having to only go to AGPlaythings because I hate the format (no offence to the creators of Playthings) with all the having to open the different sub-boards and the more complicated format. And I'm on a laptop so when I open a link on proboards a thing always pops up asking if I want to stay offline or whatever because my internet connection goes on and off a lot. It doesn't happen on Hostboard at all. Oh, and I haven't been able to get to my e-mail for some reason for months so I wont be able to sign up until I'm able to go on my dad's computer. I just wish all of this never happened... [img]frown.gif[/img] (Ok, I've now pretty much convinced myself I have no life [img]tongue.gif[/img] . I need to get a new hobby or something.)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am sorry this is going to be a difficult move for you. Even though we are moving to proboards, we are only going to have one general chat area where we are all on at once. We are trying to duplicate the style of this board and keep things as simple as possible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I belonged to American Girl Fans message board before it moved over to here (HB) and it went smoothly. I'm sure this move will also be!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by caroloto:
    I belonged to American Girl Fans message board before it moved over to here (HB) and it went smoothly. I'm sure this move will also be!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hope so. See you on the new board. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

can somebody give me the link to the new board please

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well said happyAGmommykatied! For me it was a silver lining as last week as I got to know AG Playthings also.

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Judi & Susannah!

I just put a post onto the Sticky with a couple of questions for you all re: the move.

But my sentiments are thus: if your collective wisdom feels this is the best choice then I'm all in! Let's all move and be thankful that you all have organized it for us! If the format can be as similar as possible that is great because HB is very easy to use/user friendly as well as simple to learn etc.

Please everyone try not to be sad, but glad that we will hopefully be able to continue HB with far fewer interruptions in the future--this past week was a bummer to say the least! But that being said, I've also gained a new appreciation for Playthings too--it is a great board!

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for your support, Katie!

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Judi!

No problem--I'm in the process of waiting for my activation key for proboards HB right now!

Maybe we could have some sort of a celebratory doll parade thread to kick off the New HB?

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast