Thread: Please don't hurt me

emsmombuysdolls

I went to AGPC this weekend with the inlaws. That was an experience in itself! We signed up for a personal shopper based on reccomendations from you fine ladies. I was not impressed. SORRY! We had Ingrid who is a very sweet, wonderful person. It was just too crowded at the store and she was very soft spoken. She has an accent-which is fine with me-but it made it really hard to understand her combined with the noise. I ended up asking her if we could please shop alone and if she could just check in on us. Then, I was filling HER in on new products. She didn't seem to know anything about Nikki or the Kit movie. If fact, she told me I should apply for a job as a PS and she would give me a reccomendation. What a wonderful compliment! She was a wonderful person. I was just a little disappointed in the PS experience. I was hoping we could go to a small room (where it was quiet)and really look at the products. Not try to open up boxes while we were standing there. There were no empty seats anywhere. I will keep in touch with her and try again. Maybe it was just an off day. I know you ladies love your PS and Ingrid has had glorious reviews, don't hurt me!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also had a visit with Ingrid on my first visit to AGPC. It was also very crowded and I had superfast DGD with me. I found her to be helpful and not pushy. But yes it was very hard to look at any product in this enviornment. But I was careful not to disclose any information I had heard on HB. We have had a couple of posts of CS people being rude to our members because of the things we discuss, and remember the member who wanted a picture removed from anothere persons album. Boy that's one thread I don't want to read again.
    I'm sorry AGP was not what you expected, and that you thought the PS experience would be like a boutique situation where they would bring you boxes to open. I also didn't see any of that going on. And when I did it I was in the way of other shopppers. Maybe on another visit on a slower day ????? don't know which day is slower, you might get a chance to browse and visit more.
    I also found, that coming from a small city enviornment, to a big city is overwhelming. DH has already informed me if and when I go again, it would be without him.
    I had told Ingrid when we were in the dressing room area not to discuss $$ in front of DH, and she was most discreet on that part in her private PS office. I am most grateful for that experience. I cannot wait to get the opportunity to go again, to any of the AGP's.

Donna Cotterman

So sorry for your experience. Ingrid is my PS and really is a wonderful person. She has been on vacation for the past two weeks and didn't return until Sept.12th. I'm not sure she was current on all the new items.

I know this isn't fair but when I'm with her I often just switch over to German and the conversation run smooth. Not for everyone but she is reserved and the accent is difficult to understand.

Don't give up ... one bad "trip" is out of the way.... set it aside and give AG Chicago another try. May the AG fairy sprinkle you with star dust and put a sparkle in your eyes...

^j^ Mrs. C.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I certainly wouldn't hold her lack of knowledge concerning Nikki (or anything else) against the PS. Most of the time when you call CS the reps on the other end of the phone don't know alot about new stuff right away or they are told not to discuss it. Lately it has seemed like the online community knows more about new stuff than CS, I wouldn't think PS's are any different. It appears that the people who have direct contact with the customers are the last to know.

In order to have a PS area big enough for a customer to view everything privately- they'd have to double the size of the store. Even then, each store has how many PS's? You still wouldn't be able to view everything alone. The other PS's would have their customers back there as well.

Weekday visits are probably less crowded. Just my humble opinion.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What is the advantage of having a Personal Shopper at AGP then? I live in a very isolated place and have never even heard of a PS.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HI: The people who work for AG are not told anything until the last minute, and they certainly can't speculate the way we do, the information they give is supposed to be accurate. They could loose their job if they knew something and told customers.

I would recommend going to AGPlace on a weekday when school is in session. It is much quieter then. I would never go on a weekend, or during any vacation time, ie summer vacation, spring break, etc.

Polly Marie

Sorry that you had such a disappointing visit. I was so hoping that this visit with your in-laws would be a really good experience.
    As a place of business gets more crowded, the personal contact becomes harder to maintain. There is a lot of money and work involved in large establishments to make their customers feel more connected to the "idea of being cared for". You'll find this being worked on at large hotels, churches, dining facilities, etc. and hopefully at AGPs!
    Sometimes I feel that these efforts are so phony, but still I appreciate the idea of caring is being portrayed. I would like to think that some of the employees really care about their customers. But like you wrote, sometimes an employee is having a bad day and his/her work is affected.
    I hope that your next visit will be better. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

emsmombuysdolls

I just wanted to add that I said I got my info off the "internet". I never mentioned specifically where. I didn't even mention that I belonged to a message board.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry you had a dissapointing experience. Just wanted to let you knoe though - They are not ALLOWED to tell anyone any information on anything that hasn't been offically released yet. I like PS on crowded days since it helps avoid the long lines - During the week I rarely use one since I just like to wander aimlessly.

Don't give UP I would try again