Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow. That was tough, and more exausting than I thought it would be. I took pictures, and Kirsten and Sara are currently upstairs in their pajamas, resting. They're pretty pooped.

I did the whole nine yards, starting with the wig shampoo and ending with the ceramic straightener. I'm really impressed -- I haven't touched THIS doll hair since 1996. It's so soft, just like I remember it on Christmas morning. However, I think it's shinier.

Sara's is especially shinier. Also, it's red. I mean it, she's a 1996 PM AGT17 and she actually has red hair -- it's dark red, but it's now very very red. I think the wig shampoo did it. If you've got a redhead that you don't think is red enough, try giving her a shampoo. Kirsten's hair actually went a few shades lighter, but Sara had a pretty noticeable color change.

I think I also got lucky and, by chance, picked the best ceramic hair straightner for the job. It has 25 heat settings. I used the lowest one, of course, and it must honestly be lower than most straighteners. I couldn't even get Kirsten's hair to straighten all the way.

I'm so glad to have this board and I'm so glad to know such helpful people. You helped me restore two of my favorite childhood toys! I can't say thanks enough. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

I have two questions, though:

1. I tried the straightener on Kirsten's bangs, and some got longer than the other's. Any ideas on how to fix her?

2. Sara's hair feels stiffer than I remember. Now, when I bought Jess, I thought her hair was stiff, but it really felt better after I played with it, brushed it, rebraided it, so forth. Will Sara's do the same, too?

Anyway, thanks again. I think I'm going to build a webpage (or at least an album) to help other people with the downy dunk.

Ashley1972

You can spray their hair with STP Son of a Gun vinyl protectant. It will soften the hair and add even more shine and brilliance to it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh yes, please do post pictures! I have been wanting to give my Samantha a similar "spa day" but have been too nervous about making a mistake to actually do it. A guide, and a wig shampoo and a straightening iron recommendation, would be so helpful!

I"m sorry I can't be of any help with your questions. [img]frown.gif[/img] But I bet Kirsten and Sara are very happy to be all clean and refreshed now. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like Kirsten and Sara, got a spa day. Can't wait for pics.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 02, 2006 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Kaileyfan1 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like you had a successful day! I can't wait for pictures! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Janie3082

Yay! I was so happy with my Kirsten after giving her the Downey dunk. Can't wait to see pics of your girls getting their dunks! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It sounds like you did a wonderful job! Would love to see pictures; Kirsten needs all that done.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Are they getting all spiffed up for Ruthie? She is excited to see her new and improved friends! She was much happier after her Magic Eraser "bath" today. I used mild human hair shampoo and conditioner on Susanna and it made her hair softer.

Felicity_Fan85

I'd love to see pics of their hair, especially Sara's. Was her's auburnish red to begin with?