Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

After Marisol's little(OK BIG) adventure, I was thinking maybe, just like how we have laws for our own and children's welfare, that we make a list of Doll Laws/Rules/Code of Care or whatever for the safety and happiness of dolls everywhere. These might include things like:

1.Dolls must always be kept away from all ledges and edges where the doll cannot be immediately retrieved if she falls or the possibility of the doll becoming damaged, lost or hurt(fountains, bridges, balconies, high-rise, boats, windows, etc).

2.Dolls must be kept away from all bodies of water, sinks, bathtubs, pools, hoses, sprinklers, etc. unless it is being used by trained adults for cleaning, maintenence, or repair purposes.

3.Dolls must be kept away from fires, stoves, ovens, fireworks/sparklers, curling irons, clothes irons, hot hairdryers, clothes dryers or other heat sources where the doll could be burned, unless it is being used by trained adults for cleaning, maintenence, or repair purposes.

4.All dolls should be hugged at least ____ times a day/week/month whatever

5.A doll must never, under any circumstances be left unattended when in public.

6. All dolls must have at least one name

7. Haircuts may only be done by an ADULT with previous haircutting EXPERIENCE

8. Dolls that need surgery/restructuring should only be done by TRAINED ADULTS or THE AMERICAN GIRL DOLL HOSPITAL. This incluses but is not limited to: rewigging, restringing, restuffing, eye replacement, limb or head replacement, etc.

9. Dolls should be kept clothed at all times unless the doll is changing clothes, clothes are being made for the doll(fitting, etc.), being repaired, cleaned, sent to doll hospital or other outside repair service, or being sold undresed.

10. For every ____weeks/months a doll sits on a display shelf, she must be brought down for ____days so she can be (for example) hugged, played with, watch TV, change clothes, sleep in owner's bed, participate in photo/story albums, talked to, participate in household or outside activities, etc. or other activity that shows the dolls love and keeps the doll from being just a collectible or collecting dust(while following the other safety rules).

11. Dolls should not be permanently left in their boxes unless the doll is going to be a future gift, sold or intended to be shipped or brought to another destination.

12. Dolls should always wear appropriate protective gear when engaging in activities where the doll could get hurt or damaged

13. Dolls should not be left unattended around animals or very young children who may unknowing damage, pull-apart or chew on a doll.

14. Dolls should carried in a manner that does not cause short or long-term damage. This includes being carried(or dragged) by a dolls hair, limb, neck, back strings, or clothing(like a hood, ribbon, overalls, etc.)

15. The styling and decorating of a doll's hair is descetionary to the owner as long as it doesn't permanently damage the doll or their hair. If the doll's hair is worn down or taken down, it should be periodically and carefully brushed with a doll or wire wig brush.

16. Dolls should be kept away from anything that may permanently stain, mark or damage any part of the doll, including her hair and clothes. Examples are markers(especially permanent), paint, etc.

Steps to take for dolly injuries (doll hospital, downy dunk, hugs, soap, etc.)

Suggested but not required laws could also be included, like tagging all dolls under their clothes with owners name, address, phone, e-mail, whatever

We could think of lots more, these were just the ones I thought of at the moment. All these rules should be voted on by the board members before they become "law"-we do live in a democracy, you know [img]wink.gif[/img]

When we finalize the list, maybe we could even sticky it so new collectors know how to take care of their dolls.

What do you all think? The first step in following the rules is knowing them. [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ May 28, 2006 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon (Katie from IL) ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 28, 2006 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon (Katie from IL) ]</font>

Ashley1972

Dollies should wear helmets when riding bicycles on hard surfaces. [img]wink.gif[/img] We should also give a referral to Dr. Robin for when they need more than Mom's tlc.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dollies should wear helmets when riding bicycles on hard surfaces.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hear that, Sheila? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I also think that, although it's not a safety issue, dollies should always be clothed enough to protect their modesty. I always feel bad for naked dollies.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Although when it says dollies need to be away from sinks, you need to add "unless involved in doll care such as shampoo" or something like it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by AgLight:
    Although when it says dollies need to be away from sinks, you need to add "unless involved in doll care such as shampoo" or something like it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good point!

Any other suggestions?

prasnlrd

Originally posted by mandasmom:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Dollies should wear helmets when riding bicycles on hard surfaces.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hear that, Sheila? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I also think that, although it's not a safety issue, dollies should always be clothed enough to protect their modesty. I always feel bad for naked dollies.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LORDEEEEE ME! My AGT Skateboard, Rollerblades, and the Lindsey Scooter all came with helmets when I bought them new. I got the two trail bikes off Ebay and they did not have their helmets. I am trying to find two Trail bike helmets!!! [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] It would be nice if you could/would help meeeee [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

.....SHEESH!...'buncha' whiners aren't 'ya'<font color="red">...mwahahahahaaaa...</font>

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

...er...BTW: Does this new Helmet Law apply to everyone that has the AGT trail bike and the Molly bike? (Unless the Molly bike owner is a historical dollie in Molly's time period)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

prasnlrd, as a member of the DPS, what do you think of this idea? Do you have any other ideas for some other "laws"?

prasnlrd

Wink

Originally posted by Diamond Dragon (Katie from IL):
    prasnlrd, as a member of the DPS, what do you think of this idea? Do you have any other ideas for some other "laws"?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh! I am sorry; I did not address this, forgive me! These law should be enacted by all means. DPS stands for all manners of protecting dollies and Doll's Rights.

DPS would like to recruit you to be the author of the HB/DPS Dollie Laws. Please let us know when the final draft is completed.

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank You!

I will be frequently editing this post per suggestions and comments from other HB members.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have ammended the original post, and also removed where it asked for a number of feet away from ledges, water, etc. I can put those back if anyone has a specific suggestion.

I have added something about dolls being left in their boxes which follows similar morals of coming down from shelves so they are loved and not just investments. (Remember Toy Story 2?)

I also need ideas for the other blanks in the document about hugs and being taken down from shelves.

I added something regarding protective gear(helmets, etc.) and adjusted the post about about water(and heat) that it's OK if they are near water or heat for the purpose of repair, cleaning, etc if done by trained adult.

More suggestions, please!!!

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ May 28, 2006 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon (Katie from IL) ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 28, 2006 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon (Katie from IL) ]</font>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast