Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been holding off on posting some lukewarm-poor reviews of items I recently received, hoping that somehow they would grow on me and I would change my mind.

But its been over two weeks, so here goes (lest I forget to post the reviews at all):

BB Musical Silophone: Overall a D+. The only reason I didn't give it a solid D was because it looks good on my shelf. If you have money to burn and lots of shelf space for this to collect dust, buy it. Enormously limited in play value--the purple cord is too short to be functional. The little book that comes with it has only a couple of songs and the matching picture-to-key is unwieldy and awkward. The most I would pay for this item is $8 (including postage!). If you are going to buy this, wait until it goes on closeout sale. Someone in product development forgot to play with this before production. Looks cute on the shelf, though.

HSH Incubator: Overall grade D. Cute idea and a nice item to go with the new book. But again, enormously limited in play value. All it is is a plastic piece with a tiny light and three cheapo plastic Easter eggs that open up with three cheapo chicks. Granted, my dds loved the chicks for fifteen minutes. Priced waaaay over market even with code. There is nothing unique or clever about this incubator. It doesn't even look that great on the shelf.

Bitty Bear dress up trunk: grade B-. Another overpriced item, even with the code. But so cute because everything is miniature. The miniature trunk is a nice replica of BB's, albeit a little flimsy. The pieces would be very easy to lose so I need to keep it intact in a safe place. A young child could easily destroy the trunk or lose the pieces.

Doll Backback for girl: B. So-so if you ask me. There was nothing that immediately impressed me when I first saw this doll backpack for girls. Its nice quality and I see where the doll would sit. But nothing I would wow over. Its huge, by the way. I think AG needs to really look at other designs for transporting dolls.

Hope this review is helpful.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the reviews.Now I won't buy the Bitty Baby Girl's backpack.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ April 09, 2005 02:38 PM: Message edited by: dolllover ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dolllover, you should definitely think about getting the BB backpack baby carrier! It is adorable and very nicely made. I preferred the yellow over the pink, though. I give the BB backpack baby carrier a solid A. It is well worth the $20.

My above review was for the backpack for girls featured on page 55 of the current catalog. Its a bluish silver color and fits the 18" dolls. I coded the backpack only, without the suitcase. The club tote (for $18) would work just as well for transporting dolls.

Sorry for the confusion.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The backback for girls is big, heavy and a little pricey IMO. However, DD bought it with her own money last year at AGPC and has used it quite a bit. We have flown 3 or 4 times and it is great for trips. She sometimes uses it when spending the night at her cousins too. I am glad we have it. I used the code to purchase the club bag and love it! I carried it on the plane to FL with my Kirsten. I'm going to use the points I accumulated with the code to get one for my sister for our trip to Chicago this June. I hope Addy likes it! [img]wink.gif[/img]

We also have BB's backpack and carrier. DD used it intil last year when she moved from Nicki to Molly. Ours is the older aqua one and it is still in great condition. We will be getting it for my youngest niece soon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for your post. I almost coded that Silo because we have all the other "farm" stuff, the tractor and cart and thought it would all look cute together too. But I saw it in Chicago recently and then reconsidered mainly like you said because of the lack of "playability", is that a word? [img]wink.gif[/img]

I DID NOT get the girl's backpack and I've been kicking myself ever since. We have the bitty one, which we love and will try to see if we can fit an 18" doll in there, just to use on our upcoming trip. But I think Diana would have loved the "big girl" one too.

Laurie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I love reading everyone reviews, I am learning so much. I coded the BB backpack and now I really can't wait to get it. I hope you ladies keep the reviews coming with all your coded items

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the reviews. Even though you are not in love with some of your new items, it is helpful to the board to post about it.