Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I'm going to AGPC the last week of the month for Spring Break and I was wondering if anyone could kind of tell me what the Personal Shoppers do and stuff like that. I vaguely know what Personal Shoppers do. Our Personal Shopper is Ingrid. Has anyone had any good experiences with Ingrid as your Personal Shopper?

HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, and another question: Do you have to pay personal shoppers?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ingrid is wonderful, and no, you do not have to pay them. I've only worked with her over the phone, I didn't have the chance to meet her at the store.

Laurie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh. Thanks guys! I'm just trying to make sure I know what Personal Shoppers do by the time I get to Chicago at the end of the month. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

courtneysunshine

I've worked with Vanessa before and she is the best! She is super nice and really knows what is going on. I don't think you would do wrong with any of them, but she is wonderful. I HIGHLY recommend her. Personal Shoppers will basically help you in making your purchases and/or making cafe reservations. They are basically your personal assistant for the day. If you are going to the store and are going to use a personal shopper, make sure you tell them in advance. They might have a few of their clients there that day and if they don't know you are coming, they might not be able to help you or give you the personal service you desire.

Kim

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do the Personal Shoppers email you to let you know when new products are coming out?

courtneysunshine

When I used to use Maria in NY, I always received a monthly newsletter about new products that were either just out or coming out. I haven't asked Vanessa about a newsletter, though. In fact, because of the code, I haven't ordered anything from her since January with Marisol. I guess it is time to renew the acquaintance [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kim

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you have to ask them to send monthly emails about upcoming products or do they do it automatically?

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ April 08, 2005 11:08 PM: Message edited by: dolllover ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Y'know, I've been wondering a lot a bout personal shoppers myself. I mean, it certainly seems like they're worth having... but yet I can't quite see a reason to, well, start having one if that makes any sense.

I guess I'm just having trouble coming up with a reason for that first contact. I live in the suburbs of Chicago, so getting store exclusives sent to me doesn't make any sense. (Though I have yet to actually go to the store, I did make reservations for tea for my best friend and I for this June. I want to go once to not be rubbernecking when I take DD in a year) I do all my ordering via internet, unless the net is running slow, and as shipping and tax still apply, I don't really see an advantage to using a Personal shopper v. customer service for that. And I generally am pretty accepting of things being retired, so I can't see myself rushing to order something from the store that's sold out on the net.

So how/why do I make first contact?

courtneysunshine

Nancy I understand your point and I think if I lived that close I wouldn't see the need for one either. We started with the PS thing because I wanted someone to look after us. I wanted to know when something was coming out and if something was going to be retired I wanted them to send me one before it retired. I even gave them my credit card number to have on file [img]smile.gif[/img] We live 1200 miles away from the closest store and sometimes items don't appear on the website for a while or they sell out on the website first.

I think the benefit for you in having one might be the little goodies you might get from them and/or helping you check out quicker during the holidays. We got our first PS by calling the NY store and transferring to the PS department. We have "tried on" a few of the different PSs and found Vanessa to be really great. I think all the employees at the Chicago store are awesome, though. I'm sure if you called the store and talked to someone in the PS department they could help you.

Kim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast