Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just gave my daughter Samantha's lacy whites and I am stuck as to how they are supposed to work! Just how are the garters supposed to attach to the stockings? The best I can figure out is to sort of stuff the end of the garters under the stockings and the bump of the button sort of holds the stockings up. This seems silly, but I can't figure out anything else. Does anyone know how these things are supposed to work?

Bonnie

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 14, 2003 04:27 PM: Message edited by: bekeating ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, pull the top of the socks over the button, and the button holds the stockings up, as far as I know anyway. That works for me!

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't have this set, so I don't know from handling them. But when I was a pre-teen and teen we didn't have pantyhose and had to use garter belts, and Samantha's look very similar to what we had. If they are similar, here's how you do it...

Pull the button back out of the "keyhole" towards the top of the garter. Put the top of the stocking over the button (assuming both the "underwaist" and the stockings are already on the doll). Holding the stocking material and button together, push the button back into the keyhole. Now you should have the material of the stocking in the keyhole, pinched between the button and the metal part, holding it securely. Does that make sense?

Now aren't you glad for the invention of pantyhose? [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Joy

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 14, 2003 05:54 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Joy, I remember wearing stockings and garters before pantyhose too. They were such a pain and uncomfortable. I wore them till 9th grade. It was dreadful if one of the stockings came out of the garter while walking up stairs or down a hall. The stockings fell right down. Hooray for pantyhose.
    You explained the process well. The stocking top was stretched over the little rubber button and then the button was slid into the metal loop.
    Julia

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, Julia.

I'm wondering if anyone who didn't know how to do it before was able to figure it out now. I'm also wondering if the garters on the Samantha "underwaist" really do work the way that I described.

Joy

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 15, 2003 12:33 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I knew how because I wore them when I was wearing fishnets from Victora Secret durring my days as a Heavy Metal Chick. [img]cool.gif[/img] The only why to keep them up. Persoly when I comes to garters for Sam you really don't need them to use the stockings. Since I cannot use the Lacy Whites on some outfits that I use the long stockings on. (Like her Winter Party outfit the neckline is too low.)I have tried without it seems to work.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had trouble with my lacy whites too. The little button doesn't go through the 'key' side as easily as it should. And I know how they work -- I am an employee in a major lingerie store. I don't think that those particular stockings even NEED the garters because they're so tight on Samantha they stay up anyway, but it's nice to be accurate.