Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

I just heard from Nancy/SugarMagnolia this morning, and she would like me to pass on to all of you the following message......

"I just want to clarify a little more about how I made my decision to completely delete my membership.

I have made a decision that is best for me and the direction that my life is taking. We all know how addicting the AG Hostboard can be. For me, going back to school is a rather large decision, particularly at the age of 44. I have so many things to be responsible for. Spending as little time as possible on the internet is going to become important to me. I'd rather spend free time/off time/down time with my family. My priorities lie with my family and taking care of myself so I can focus on my responsibilities to the best of my ability.

For me, the Hostboard is a place that I love, but at times it's also a place where I spend too much time. If I chose to keep my membership intact, in the back of my mind would always be that little nagging self, wanting to get involved in discussions, reply to an interesting thread, or congratulate someone on their latest AG purchase. Harder for me still would be the fact that with every new dolly picture I take, I would want to take the time to download the pics, add them to Imagestation or Photobucket, and share them for all to see. All of those fun things are time-consuming and the minutes add up.

It is best for me to delete my membership completely at this point, so that I can truly focus on what is important to me at this point in my life. It is disheartening to me that some people don't understand where I'm coming from. And that's a hard thing about relationships that are computer-based only. It is hard to see the other person's face and body language, so things are misconstrued from time to time.

I will say that I have had my feelings hurt three times in the last few months by members. Yesterday just seemed like it was the day to "pack my bags", so to speak. If I hadn't deleted my membership yesterday, it would have happened anyway before September 28 (when I begin school). I have contacted Sheila and have strongly encouraged her to return to the Hostboard. I was surprised to "lurk" this morning and see that she too had deleted her membership yesterday.

I definitely hope to return at some point. I do have at least three years of school ahead of me, but if I should be lucky enough to have summer quarters off, I may be back--we'll see.

I very much appreciate the good wishes you have sent my way via my "goodbye" thread.

Love,
    Nancy/SugarMagnolia"

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 06, 2006 03:17 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nancy - I wish you the very best of luck in school. I know what a distraction HB can be, LOL. I am sorry that you deleted your account, but it sounds like you are headed in a positive direction.

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nancy, we will miss you. Thanks for all the good times you brought to us here.

May all of your hours of studying go well and be successful. And may your times with your family be full of love and peace, and building deeper connections, and the making of good memories.

We look forward to seeing you again.
    Joy

PS If we don't hear from you before then, I just want you to know that we at least hope that you will collect some graduation pictures to share with us, three years from now. [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 06, 2006 03:27 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nancy,

I wish you all the best in school! I hope that the transition will go smoothly and that you will really enjoy your studies.

Thanks for writing to us all and clarifying your decision to leave HB for now. Your priorities are totally in the right place--Family always comes first in my own life too!

Good luck & we'll miss you!

Katie

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bump-ity [img]wink.gif[/img]

Joy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nancy, you will be missed by many people. I have always loved your quiet comments and your beautiful pictures. Thank you for the strength you added to our board.

I do understand your decision to leave because of school. Going to school full time with a family takes much time and concentration - I know; I've been there in the days long ago when I returned to full-time student status with children at home. There was just no time for anything else!

Please know that we wish you the best, and hope you will rejoin us during your summer breaks. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Much love,
    Jeanette

Polly Marie

Nancy, Thanks for the explanation. I understand when life turns in a different direction and we have to adjust to new priorities. The HB board does take time and work.
    May you know you are much loved and well thought of by me and many others. Wishing you the very best in your schooling, job and family life.
    Hugs--- [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

Felicity_Fan85

Thanks for the clarification, Nancy. This board really can take up all your time- I should try to limit myself to only a half-hour or hour a night so I can do my homework and play with my dolls. I wish you the best of luck in your future ahead!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope I'm not one of the people who hurt your feelings, SugarMagnolia. [img]frown.gif[/img]

A very well-thought-out reason for deleting the membership, too, and yes, I appreciate that you want to spend more time offline; I definitely understand that, and I think you're probably right, that the main way to do that is to delete your account. It's too bad one can't just disable accounts, but that's just how it is.

Take care, and good luck with your new endeavors!

MapleLeaf

Nancy, I am so sad to hear that you have left the board. [img]frown.gif[/img] But I understand what with going back to school and your family, you have alot going on right now.
    I will miss your lovely pictures but have all your albums added to my favourites. Your photos of Sophie was my biggest influence in buying #24 for myself.
    I am sorry that your feelings were hurt but hope you continue to lurk once in a while.
    Take care and maybe in the future we'll hear from you again. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Nia
    [img]smile.gif[/img]