Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That was a very well written letter. I still consider myself new to AG and if it wasn't for this hostboard I'd never have been able to know about any of the codes as there have never been any in my catalogs.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wrote them an email!!

Dear American Girl,
    Hi! My name is Colleen and I have been collecting American Girl Dolls since I was five years old. I absolutely love American Girl dolls. While my friends would view the dolls as "collector" items and not let me touch theirs for fear of ruining their hair, or rarely played with them themselves, I STILL play with my dolls. They are still my best friends. Sure, they might not have the best hair - but I try... and I've gotten better at it. The important things is that I love them, and to me they are worth the money as more than just dolls who sit on a shelf.
    Last year though, I was beginning to feel like maybe I WAS too old for dolls. In high school, I finally reached the point where I was made fun of by my so-called "friends" if I even mentioned the words "American Girl"... or the dolls' names, since they knew them all as well. Then I met a friend at school who had three dolls. I was so excited! I actually had someone who understood the joy of buying doll outfits, and the dolls' beauty. More than that, she was a real friend for not making fun of me.
    Then I met a wonderful group of girls and women on Hostboard.com. I'm sure you have heard of this website. It's a place where doll collectors and fans of all ages come and discuss dolls - which dolls are our favorites? What do our dolls do every day? We share stories of our dolls' vacations and are even having a beauty pageant. I have heard that some CS representatives have not been giving these wonderful women the respect they deserve, but they are just grown-up girls who still love American Girl. I think the AG message is timeless, and even if you're not 8-12 you can still appreciate the dolls. Plus, HB has encouraged me to buy lots more products [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Thank you for your time.
    -Colleen

HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Colleen that letter was awsome! See AG needs to see that HB isn't just a community for old bitties who hord dolls on shelves letting them collect dust. No we are a community of ALL AGES... even their target age.

HB and other boards like it should be commended! I mean if it weren't for this board we'd all be isolated and making fewer purchases.

HB hasn't just encouraged me to buy dolls for myself... but continue the tradition and buy dolls for my daughter... who is targeted!

BRAVO!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234