Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great letter! I completely agree with all of it. You know how to word things very well =) Let us know the response.

I support the petition idea, as well!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The letter is very well written and very proud of you for doing this. I hope this gets a huge notice at AG and CS will get a reminder that yes Adult collectors do count! I was very upset to hear there were some CS people that just don't seem to get it and have deviated from being helpful and pleasant. For myself, I have had nothing but wonderful experiences from CS and I want it to continue. That is one of the things that I have been so impressed with how AG runs their company and it encorages me that I can trust them. Anything short of the experience I've had in the past could definetly cause less buisiness from me. I'm sure this could end up with a domino effect with rude CS and the company would decline in the long run. Just don't want to see that happen. Pleasant Rowland has created something wonderful here, and you writing this letter in my opinion will help managment keep a closer watch over the CS people that need it. Sometimes narrow minds just need a big boost in brodening the way they think.
    I applaud you!!!(clapping hands) [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is a great letter, Janine! Thank you for writing it. I hope you get a polite and satisfactory reply! [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great letter! I couldn't have said it better myself! [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very reasonable and well thought-out. You go, girl! forums

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You certainly wrote a wonderful, well thought out letter. We'll all be anxious to hear their response. I'm also glad that you specifically named our group, we have nothing to hide!

Laurie

HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree... I applaud your letter... and because of you... I was inspired to write a letter of my own, because there is POWER in numbers.

I have been collecting American Girl products since 1991. I was eight years old and it is the first item I ever started to collect as well as the only item I continue to collect today. It has been brought to my attention that customer service has begun a steady decline. There have been more and more incidences where customers are received badly for purchasing solely because they are collectors. This is absolutely ludicrous and appalling.

American Girl might target girls age 8-12 but the target age group does not have bank account nor funds to purchase these products on their own. I am a mother and because of my love for American Girl and my past growing up with American Girl, I have passed on my passion to my daughter. I feel because of this adults need to be revered as much if not more than their adolescent counterparts. The dolls and accessories in my personal collection are taken down daily from their shelves and played with. I use my dolls to share special moments with my daughter and not a one of them gather's dust. I believe that this falls under Pleasant Rowlands original ambitions for this company.

I feel too much hostility has been generated from customer service representatives that revolve around discount "code" usage. Rude comments regarding a message board sharing 10% codes do not fall on deaf ears. Customer Service speaks of American Girl collectors posting on Hostboard with venom. They accuse such sites for destroying revenue. I am here to tell you that the opposite is true. I myself have purchased 6 dolls in the past year, not including outfits and accessories, that I would not have purchased without the encouragement of other collectors. I know if I want to save money I should stay away from such message board, because alone I can control American Girl shopping sprees, but when I get in a group I cannot go without making an order at least once every two weeks.

I believe that all collectors should be treated with respect, regardless of age. We are customers. American Girl is not an all inclusive retail resort for 8-12 year olds. I think some serious revamping of the customer service structure needs to be undertaken. This company needs to be mindful that adult collectors were once targeted children who have taken their love into adulthood. It is these collectors that will groom their children, the next generation of customers.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Janine, this is a fantastic letter!!! After reading all your respones I have decided to write American Girl too. Thank you agsin for all the support. By the way,I placed another order last night and used the code. I am anxiosly waiting to see if I get my 10% off.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your letter was great, Miss_Nellie_OMalley! I hope American Girl replies to your letters in a polite manner. [img]confused.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast