Thread: What do you think the new "meet" outfit will b e?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're talking about the AGT meet outfits? I have no idea...I hope it is pretty, though... I don't think we need a skirt, though... AG doesn't have many outfits with pants. Maybe shorts and a shirt or a skort. That would be cool, since I've never seen one of those for a doll. I think a jean skort with a brightly colored (but not orange or green (pleez not lime green!)) shirt and maybe a jacket would be great. It would also be cool if there were a headband or something new for the hair.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really hope the new meet outfit is pants because more girls wear pants most of the time than skirts.

I think a lot of the people has been wanting AG to make a school uniform like you describe, although many of the places that make real school uniforms make a variety of doll sized ones as well. I've already accumulated a bunch of different doll school uniforms, including a navy blue jumper. The plain ones aren't as pretty as the plaid ones but I figured they could be public school uniforms, since a number of Chicago Public Schools have kids wearing blue(or khaki) pants or skirts and plain white polos.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wonder if it would include a shrug or gauchos, since those are both back in style like crazy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope AG doesn't go as trendy as gauchos. First off, I think they're insanely ugly, and with the way the AGs are made they would look bad on them, and most important, they're already on the way out, and will probably be totally out by the end of the year. And AG normally keeps meet outfits around for 2 years. I don't think the AGs need to be kept that trendy, and although gauchos were insanely in a few months ago, how many 10 year olds were wearing them? AG tends to be a bit behind on some trends, though, they waited a bit too long to make Uggs, and the ponchos are out again (like the one that comes with the Sightseeing Outfit).

I'd much prefer to see pants, plain ones with no embellishing, and in some sort of a jean material. And a sweatshirt with a tank top underneath. I want more "normal" outfits, that are like what normal little girls wear. Or, for a more fun outfit, something that draws from 80's fashion (but that seems to be on it's way out again, too [img]frown.gif[/img] ), but I just really want an 80's outfit, and it looks like we're not going to get one (as I was hoping) for the 20th Anniversary.

But we just saw a pants outfit, so I'm sure we'll get a skirt set this time around. Honestly, I think it'll be a quite a bit like what Genevieve mentioned, a long flowy skirt (boho style, this doesn't seem to be going out as quickly as gauchos), and a pretty little embellished shirt. I also see spring colors, and can see this being a light green or yellow.

I'm hoping, whatever the outfit is, for either tennis shoes (I'd love another set of Cons), or another pair of heel-less ballet flats like the ones with the newer club meet outfit.

Someone here heard from CS (or was it a PS?) that there would be a new outfit, as well as new AGTs in the fall. Here's to hoping [img]smile.gif[/img] !

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree that they need more long pants in the collection. How about a pair of nice plain khaki's or full length cargos. The closest they have is the Coconuts best friend outfit, but its capri's again. And I agree, they need at least one golf/polo shirt in the collection.

As for the school uniform question, if you have even basic skill at sewing there is a great pattern for a jumper and blouse from McCall's. I substituted pleats for gathers and used navy fabric. It is a very basic pattern. I made it for my cousin as it looks like the "big kids" at the school where her dad teaches. I'll post a picture as soon as I get my camera back. (It's on vacation with my sister.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't wait for the new meet outfit. I like the current one, but I don't want to buy a new doll until it changes [img]wink.gif[/img] . Since they generally change them every two years, I hope that will be soon!

So, I was wondering. Since AG meet outfits can be a little "faddy" I wonder what fads they will draw from this year? I've noticed they use trends and fashion colors, but try to keep it classic enough to last for two years. Any ideas?

My guess of what it WILL be:
    * Spring colors like rose, sage green, and medium blue.
    * A skirt - maybe similar to the half denim, half-peasant skirts, or a plain lacy peasant skirt.
    * sweater jacket

What I'd LIKE to see:
    * Primary colors like good old fashioned red white and blue.
    * A plaid, pleated skirt
    * A polo shirt
    * A light striped shirt that possibly ties around the waist

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When are the new meet outfits comming out? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd prefer pants over skirts, but I'm just looking at the pants-skirt alternating trend.

Straight leg white jeans would probably be good - straight legs are coming back, and it would be basic enough to last for two years.